New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New kid from South GA

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kid from South GA

Hey everyone, Chris is the name and I'm the new kid here. I've owned 3 fords since i was 16. Two got totalled and one i got rid of because i got tired of fooling with it. Dirt slow and i was always breaking something on it.

A little bit of my ride history:

First ride:
2002 Ford Crown Vic Base
Early 2002 production. Rolled out of STAP in september 2001.
Light Ice Blue Metallic
2 previous owners, all within my family.
Was stock untill i got it.
A few mods included: Wiesco pistons, Manley rods, MZT, tune, weight reduction.
It was running 11.2:1 compression ratio out of a 2v mod motor. I did visual mods, made it look like a beat old cop car mostly. Sleeper aspect.
New kid from South GA-d21uccf.jpg

Second ride:
Okay After i got rear ended in the rain by a kid texting while driving mommy's explorer 4x4. I told myself I deserve an upgrade. Insureance cut me a check for 1700$ and let me get the car back. I parted it out and ended up with a little over 5k in cash. So i went and got a loan from Navy Fed and picked up a;
2004 Crown Vic Lx Sport.
Midnight Grey
every factory option except sub and moonroof.
I kept the engine stock as i was not racing the car, i had grown up a bit by then and quit playing fast and furious.
I upgraded all the speakers in it and added components up front.
pioneer 6x9s on the rear deck
pioneer 6x9's in the font doors
kicker 6.5" components in the dash covered by mesh. tweeters placed in the A pillars.
The sound was clear as hell, decent amount of bass, but there's never replacement for subs though.
Anyways, that car got totalled by a driver for pizza hut delivering pizzas without insurance. I went after pizzza hut for compensation. Payed the loan off plus left me with 15k in my pocket (includes the 5k i had from the previous vic, since i payed into it upfront)
New kid from South GA-e336qo7.jpg

Third ride:
2006 Ford Ranger Sport Fx2
Nothing too special about this ride, I gave it some more punch, but there wasn't much available for a 3.0 Vulcan engine.
I opened the rear end, Factory 8.8 with 4.10s. I installed a Detroit True Trac LSD and kept the 4.10's.
K&N drop in filter
Factory CAI off a 4.0
1.8 Roller Rocker swap
MPT Tune
Similar speaker setup ad the 2004 Lx Sport except I had to dremmel to make the 6x9's fit up front and i had 6x8's in the back. I had two speaker boxes in the back with 2 6.5" woofers and 3" tweeters in them.
I had lowered the truck on a 2-2 drop and i was on factory sized tires. 29".
I sold it for 11,800.
New kid from South GA-frqabi2.jpg

Now, to my current ride:
1996 Chevy C1500 Single Cab Short bed. 119k. Original engine trand rebuilt at 100k.
Vortec 350
4L60e
K&N CAI
Granatelli MAF
Flowmaster 2" Catback with a different muffler, I know its a flowmaster but I dont remember what series it is. It has a 3" single inlet and 2.5" dual outlets. It's a chambered muffler judging by the size and how quiet it is.
Custom Y pipe. 2.5" from the header to the muffler flange. Magnaflow generic fit cats are welded in place. Its dual up until the muffler flange where they meet in the 3" inlet of the muffler. The muffler acts as a crossover, very similar to an X pipe.
Hypertech Programmer
Billet grille
Euro Headlights
Taillight covers
Leer tonneau
LED Bed lighting
Billet interior trim.
Taillight covers
265 BFG Radials.
15x9 Eagle Alloy wheels
other mods I cant think of off the top of my head.
I bought the truck from a Chevrolet dealership in Fernadina Fl for 6260 out the door in December 2014.
New kid from South GA-cquog9l.jpg

Background about me:
18 year old college student. Knocking out my core studies for an Mechanical Engineering degree. I have a couple "student" ASE certifications, Suspension & Steering, Brakes, and Electrical. For work, I work at a local Inn doing maintenance and repair. I do all my own work on vehicles myself except a few things, like tire repair and tuning, I leave that to the professionals. I can do tire repair but my patience for it is none. Anyways, I like going fast and pushing things to the limit. I cant count how many times I've shot a spark plug out the top of my 02 Vic's head, damn 4 thread heads . Anyways, once I'm able to post links i'll start a build thread And document my progress with my truck. You guys got any questions for me?
Old 03-03-2015, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Welcome.

I've always wanted a crown vic, thought real hard about buying one last year but got a 2wd truck instead but sold it recently. Someday I'll want to get a 09-11 model year.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome.

On the vics, you'll want an 03 or 04 sport. they have similar amenities to Lincoln Town Cars, but have the same sway bars as police interceptors. Throw some bilstien or kyb gas a justs on it and you're set and good for about 350 horses. The reason you want to avoid 05+ is the dbw system, PITA to tune, less aftermarket support. Why you would prefer 03-04 is they are the first two years for the revised frame and suspension. I could go on for days but this aint a CV forum, its a truck forum.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

I've done some research and I know exactly where you come from about those years.

Not to side track even more but I'd prefer a newer body and I like the interior/dash setup better in the newest ones made. I'd don't fear the DBW system, I have my own tuning software (HP tuners) and wouldnt care a ton about power. I just want to lower one with some nice rims and just be a cruiser and do the exhaust because the 4.6 can sound decent with a good setup.

I don't recall what forum I trolled alot but some of those guys were straight up douche bags to new members lol, reminded me of the miata forums that I read on sometimes.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Teching In

its either crownvic.net or uopa.us thats dicks.

Relevent:
my 02 vic, custom headers, gutted rear cats, no mufflers, dumped under front doors.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome
Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and enjoy the site!!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

hello
Old 03-06-2015, 07:30 PM