New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't get the dry ice to work. I didn't have the right random **** laying around in the garage to make it do what I wanted. I took some starting fluid and lightly sprayed it around during all the vacuum connections and intake runners. The only time I got a slight raise in rmp was when spraying between the fire wall and back of the motor. Kinda behind the heads. The only line I can trace back there is the evap line coming from the gas tank. I even got under the truck and sprayed a little at the plastic to metal connection. Same slight rmp jump. I had to look up what the evap was and does. Now that I know that line is a vent for the tank back to the Inaked, it all makes since. I have been noticing a raw gas smell sometimes at start up and randomly at stop lights. Just enough of a whiff to make you think " is that raw gas", then nothing. Open the door when it happens and can't smell a thing. If the leak is where I think it is, then the fumes are coming up through the shift boot on the floor.

Or I may be way off base. I'm going to do some more looking