New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

LS/T56 OBS from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/T56 OBS from Canada

Hello, recently swapped my truck and came to check out others builds for turbo info!

Old 08-13-2015, 02:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good looking truck! I am in process of swapping an LS and t56 into my 95. Do you have any pictures of the shifter and how you did that? Are you using the shifter at the rear of the t56 or the inspection port?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jeebalow
Good looking truck! I am in process of swapping an LS and t56 into my 95. Do you have any pictures of the shifter and how you did that? Are you using the shifter at the rear of the t56 or the inspection port?
Thanks! I have pics of the shifter I would just have to upload them later to post here. I did use the inspection plate, so it has the front shift conversion. I just put the motor in with the trans had the shifter on it, then I drilled a few pilot holes and sawzulled through for a hole.
Here is my build thread....
Rick's 1991 Silverado - Page 13
Old 08-14-2015, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Nice job on the whole thing! I'm jealous of your ctsv t56. I have an f body one and am thinking about swapping it out for a ctsv or vette t56 before adding the blower.

I also have a monster level 2 clutch. What is it like? Any chatter? That's another thing I am thinking about swapping for a dual disc lt1-s or lt1-sc from monster before installing the blower.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Thanks! Whats the difference of the transmissions? I'm probably just gonna get mine build if need be. Stage 2 is perfect, no chatter, not too stiff. I'm gonna need to swap mine soon too if I go turbo'd, wish I would've gone with a more hp one off the bat.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rick1991
Thanks! Whats the difference of the transmissions? I'm probably just gonna get mine build if need be. Stage 2 is perfect, no chatter, not too stiff. I'm gonna need to swap mine soon too if I go turbo'd, wish I would've gone with a more hp one off the bat.
Here you go, probably more than you wanted to know about t56s:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28..._Fbody_T56.pdf

Glad to hear the stage 2 is a good clutch!
Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Here you go, probably more than you wanted to know about t56s:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28..._Fbody_T56.pdf

Glad to hear the stage 2 is a good clutch!
Interesting, I know my trans is slightly built but I'm not sure for how much power.

Tremec CTSV T56
steel shift forks
billet synchro keys
carbon fiber lined blockers
1-1/8 x 26 spline large input (LS length; GM pilot dia)
31 spline large output
Keisler internal front shift mechanism at 13.5” from front of transmission
ratios: 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.0, .80, .62
fixed flange output (CTSV type)

Here is a link that helped me greatly.. 4L60e to T56 Swap - GM Truck Central
Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like your trans will hold up to a good amount of power. What year ctsv is it from?

That's the thread that got me interested in doing a t56 swap several years back. I still need to get the mustang shifter, but am holding off until I can see how the one that came with the relocation kit shifts.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Looks like your trans will hold up to a good amount of power. What year ctsv is it from?

That's the thread that got me interested in doing a t56 swap several years back. I still need to get the mustang shifter, but am holding off until I can see how the one that came with the relocation kit shifts.
That's good to hear and I'm not sure I bought it as a 3rd owner but it was still brand new and came with receipt and I bought it off a friends dad. All it says is CTSV. Kiesler built it. Apparently American powertrain can make you one up with a front shift conversion.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rick1991
That's good to hear and I'm not sure I bought it as a 3rd owner but it was still brand new and came with receipt and I bought it off a friends dad. All it says is CTSV. Kiesler built it. Apparently American powertrain can make you one up with a front shift conversion.
I already rebuilt the t56. I used a keisler front shift conversion kit during the rebuild, but a mustang shifter works with the t56 in the front location by slotting the two rear holes. I will try the keisler one, then if i don't like it I will buy the mustang shifter.

Make sure to start a thread when you start your turbo build. I think one of the site sponsors sells a hot side kit for our trucks. I think it was Trick. Maybe through threads they started.

Also there is this kit that someone has been selling for 4 years

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-parts-484960/

edit- what is the offset on your wheels and what size rear tires are you running? If you don't mind me asking, what was the price of the wheels?

Quick Reply: LS/T56 OBS from Canada