MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

The Wife's new ride

Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife is pregnant. She came out in the shop and said she wanted the brush guard to be grey rather then black, so I quit working on it and was going to order some grey bedliner. 4 weeks or so pass, and now she wants it back black.

Guess I will get back to it, sooner or later
Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice looking Sub and you certainly can't beat the price. Good luck with it.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, it has been a good one.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

My wife decided she wanted a BIGGER vehicle. She now has a conversion van.

I am working out of the 99 now. Since I have been driving it I have done a little work.

from this

to this

to this

tinted the windows

It also received a full replacement walker exhaust, but the muffler was upgraded to the Walker SoundFX. Has a nice rumble to it, but still quiet. Added a Stainless tip.

Pretty soon I won't be able to post any more picture of it on here anymore. My companies logo's will be going on it, so the pictures will violate site rules.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Spray can of bedliner, 2 cans of trim paint, masking supplies, new bulbs, all new black front lights

Swapped the black bumpers over from the 94 suburban, painted the grille with trim paint, painted the fender flares with bedliner to cover pitting, then trim paint on top of the bedliner

Also got my exhaust installed today. This was the left overs from the 94 as well. Magnaflow Y-pipe to bring the dual 2 inch pipe into a single 3, Borla XR1 round, 3 inch to 4 inch flare, v-band clamp, 4 inch tailpipe. The reason for the 4 inch tailpipe was I had 2 option for good fitment, cheap 4 inch or 3xpensive 3 inch magaflow. I chose the 4 inch. Love the sound. Sound clips to come.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Went out this morning to find a flyer stuck in the windshield and my freshly painted fender flare scratched up.

How it looks in day light

Purchased a wiring kit for the lights and got them installed.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

I called the store to let them know. They were very apologetic.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Picked up an Escalade console from my friends salvage yard today. It is missing the rear cup holder completely.

My interior is Dark Grey and this is tan. Tearing it all down for recovering and dying.

Side now have black vinyl stretched and glued. I am not good at this, but it looks better then plain cheap hard plastic. I will fill the holes in the back panel and wrap it in vinyl to match the sides. I will dye the top panels to match the interior.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Custom some fillers out of metal

Hot glued them from the back, then flipped it over and JB welded it from the front.

Went to another salvage yard and found a broken cup holder.

Then covered it in some foam. I am not able to cover it in vinyl myself. Going to have to take it in to my friend tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Ordered some stuff for the console. With all the parts I am removing from the inside of the console, I decided to add some back in that will help with work. I am installing a power inverter to charge my drills/laptop, putting some USB ports in to charge cell phones and what not.

Mini ATM Fuse Tap Add on Dual Circuit Adapter Auto Car Auto Terminals | eBay
Blue Sea 1016 12V DC Socket with Two USB Charger Ports 5V 2 1A Output | eBay
Schumacher 410 Watt AC DC Car Battery Power Inverter Converter 2 Outlets XI41B | eBay

I had ordered some H3 HID lights to go in the lights on the front bumper, and they won't fit my lights. The bulbs are too long. So I ordered some cheap housings.
2X Universal 6" Six inch 4x4 55W Off Road Light Truck Driving Fog Black Lamp | eBay

I am also going to experiment with these and see if they will be bright enough to work as an auxilary backup light.
2X Bolt on Screw 3W LED Eagle Eye Backup Light Fog Driving Lamp Car Motorcycle | eBay

I dropped this off at my buddies garage. He is going to get it put on next week.
Skyjacker Suspensions Steering Stabilizer White Red Boot Single Chevy GMC Kit | eBay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Wife's new ride