MULTIMEDIA (truck related) Post your Truck pictures and videos (PG-13)

3 passes from yesterday going for 10s

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlock90
Congrats on that 10 second pass!! That truck is very impressive for sure.
thanks Jamie
Old 11-15-2016, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjweb
Footbrake, 3500 2 step, 9-10 psi will usually cut a 1.54-156 60ft. Just replaced stock rears with double adjustables, and best I got was a 1.61. I usually get them hotter then what video showed, but that was a mistake on my part. I have no preload in these caltracs at all, they are backed off 4 full turns, might add a little back, get tires hotter and see what it does.
What was your experiment process where you found that no preload helped you hook better? I take my bars off on the street and I just recently found that without the bars the truck squats and hooks with zero spin in 4wd, but the few passes I've made at the track with 1-2 turns of preload on the bars (also 4wd launch), it just spins and spins. I do have the Calvert shocks that I set to full stiff in the rear. I'm thinking more weight transfer is what I need.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
What was your experiment process where you found that no preload helped you hook better? I take my bars off on the street and I just recently found that without the bars the truck squats and hooks with zero spin in 4wd, but the few passes I've made at the track with 1-2 turns of preload on the bars (also 4wd launch), it just spins and spins. I do have the Calvert shocks that I set to full stiff in the rear. I'm thinking more weight transfer is what I need.
When the bars are preloaded, they are even more loaded when you are up on the converter, and lifts rear of truck, so my thinking is its not letting the caltracs do what they are meant to do on launch. I used to run a full turn of preload, top hole with a loose NA converter, I would launch from idle, non boost launch, and truck would cut 1.68s on radials. I switched to slicks and took the preload out, truck barely squats, then lifts and cut a best of 1.54 leaving at 8-9lbs. Went to double adjustables and wanted to play with them, had rebound and compression set about half way and it felt horrible and cut 1.63s, and best of 1.61. the 10.99 pass was with the 1.61. ( keep in mind, I let out of throttle twice on this pass. This past Saturday, I decided to stiffen up rear shock more, and went 11.15 at 120.6 spinning through first, then spun on 1-2 shift. I then went softer on rear shocks again, and truck went 10.92 at 122.3, but it spun pretty good right at launch, let out, then immediately punched it, hooked right up and stayed in it. I will play with stuff some more next track outing. I have been 11.02 at 121 with a 1.56 60ft, do give you referernce. From what Ive been reading on some mopar muscle car sites, is that caltracs in the top hole, with a gap, no preload hits the tires the hardest, and I might be doing that. You being 4wd, I would just lower front torsion bars, and leave about nickel gap with caltracs and try it out.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fastjweb
When the bars are preloaded, they are even more loaded when you are up on the converter, and lifts rear of truck, so my thinking is its not letting the caltracs do what they are meant to do on launch. I used to run a full turn of preload, top hole with a loose NA converter, I would launch from idle, non boost launch, and truck would cut 1.68s on radials. I switched to slicks and took the preload out, truck barely squats, then lifts and cut a best of 1.54 leaving at 8-9lbs. Went to double adjustables and wanted to play with them, had rebound and compression set about half way and it felt horrible and cut 1.63s, and best of 1.61. the 10.99 pass was with the 1.61. ( keep in mind, I let out of throttle twice on this pass. This past Saturday, I decided to stiffen up rear shock more, and went 11.15 at 120.6 spinning through first, then spun on 1-2 shift. I then went softer on rear shocks again, and truck went 10.92 at 122.3, but it spun pretty good right at launch, let out, then immediately punched it, hooked right up and stayed in it. I will play with stuff some more next track outing. I have been 11.02 at 121 with a 1.56 60ft, do give you referernce. From what Ive been reading on some mopar muscle car sites, is that caltracs in the top hole, with a gap, no preload hits the tires the hardest, and I might be doing that. You being 4wd, I would just lower front torsion bars, and leave about nickel gap with caltracs and try it out.
Good info. I have some experimenting to do.