Military Truckers For the Armed Forces members of PerformanceTrucks!

U.S. Marine Members Check in here

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, 4 years 3 months in, Camp Lejeune, 2 tours to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan! Sittin in Arkansas now!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedJewellady
Ok guys!! Well, I'm an Ammo Tech (2311) and my 1st duty station was in Japan on Schwabb. (YAY, I know.) It sucked and it was the longest 12 months of my entire life!!!! Anyway, outta nowhere, I got orders to Quantico and was there for the rest of my enlistment. Got married, had a kid, blah, blah, blah, now I'm in Hampton VA with my husband and he's in an ex-marine who went Army. Don't make fun though cuz he just did 15 months of HARD time in IRAQ while I was pregnant with our second son!! Well, anyway. I just got my brand new TBSS neverbeen owned by anyone! IT'S FREAKIN LOADED!!! And now I finally feel like I can bring something to the table. Performance wise. Anyway, Ooorah, Semper Fi, and all that Marine Corps lingo. Hope to talk to any of you soon!!
Welcome! So you did 4 years and got out but your husband is still in, is that correct?
Originally Posted by DixieDevil
Hey guys, 4 years 3 months in, Camp Lejeune, 2 tours to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan! Sittin in Arkansas now!
How's 1st Civ Div treatin ya man? Do you miss it at all? I know at they end there you sure was excited to get back home.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Twan!!! How's it going Lady! You and Darren doing alright?

What about the baby giant? LOL, that little dudes massive, is he kicking daddys *** yet?

How bout the little one?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Launching!

Stationed in Mcas Yuma right now been in 4 1/2 years 2 tours in Iraq. 6 more months to go then i get to sing the EAS song. Its great to see a military section .
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Rank- SGt
TIS - Nov 2005 - present
2 Tours to Iraq
Station at Camp Pendleton the entire time
Old 03-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

3531 MT Operator stationed at Cherry Point, NC
Old 03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Teching In

What's up y'all? Sgt Wright here, 6216 (C-130 PowerPlant Mech), Been in since Dec 1998, currently stationed at NAS JRB Fort Worth with VMGR-234. I am on the AR program. I did 5 yrs Active Duty, then a year and half as a reservist, a year of which I spent activated, then joined the Active Reserve Program in June of 05. If anybody knows anything about the AR community you will understand why I am still a sergeant, and haven't even been looked at for staff.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShallowPocketz
What's up y'all? Sgt Wright here, 6216 (C-130 PowerPlant Mech), Been in since Dec 1998, currently stationed at NAS JRB Fort Worth with VMGR-234. I am on the AR program. I did 5 yrs Active Duty, then a year and half as a reservist, a year of which I spent activated, then joined the Active Reserve Program in June of 05. If anybody knows anything about the AR community you will understand why I am still a sergeant, and haven't even been looked at for staff.
LOL... yeah I read you came in in '98 and was like WTF then I saw you're AR. I got some friends who are in the same boat as you. What's the NAS there in Ft. Worth like?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Compared to an active duty base, it's subpar. It's small and doesn't have the amenities that an MCAS would have. I dig it though, I left active duty for a few reasons. I got really spoiled in the c-130 community, especially being stationed in a reserve squadron. I don't get off on being stationed in the same place as 40,000 other Marines, I like my free time to be MY free time and not have to worry about some first sergeant with a hard on to correct me every time I step out of the house. Plus being stationed in places with a lot fewer Marines makes people appreciate us more. And it's Texas, I love this place. I have PCS orders though.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Launching!

I joined a couple months ago, Im leaving to go to Parris Island on May 25th. My MOS is electronics maintenance

Quick Reply: U.S. Marine Members Check in here