Notices
Midsize & Compact Trucks Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body

Project issues LQ4 C1500

Old 11-17-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project issues LQ4 C1500

Hey everyone, glad i found this site as this is right up my ally. This last year ive been building my dream project, 1997 C1500 with a 06 LQ4 and 4l80e combo. We finished the base of the project, motor install, drive line, wiring harness, ecm and tuned about a month ago. Since then ive been driving daily to try and see what kind of mistakes were made. So far only 1 minor check engine light that had to do with ecm not seeing the check engine lamp. Otherwise it was a total power horse. These last 2-3 weeks however have been a slow decline, now keep in mind there has not been any fault codes through this process. Upon a full throttle application the truck is reading 99%app but only getting as high as 50%ish TPS. Usually when i warm it up in the morning its derated like that and after i pick up my coffee and restart the engine it will start to read 99% TPS again. It seemed to only be doing it on cold starts at first, but this last week its been real bad (meaning as time goes on the problem gets worse and worse). Its at the point now where no matter how many times i restart the engine it wont get above 60%TPS at the most. But yet on occasion, its all of a sudden fine again until i turn it off then chances of it turning back on ok have been slim to none these past few days. I wanted to blame a faulty TPS but being's its a custom build with a very low mileage powertrain i am more leaning toward's where have i gone wrong. As i said, upon completion truck ran 100%, 100% of the time, after a couple weeks started acting up here and there and gradually got worse and worse. No codes are popping up either which is telling me its not the tps sensor but i just dont know. If anyone has any advice please help me out, i want my HP back.. I have tried a few different things like cleaning up grounds and giving the throttle body and tps a little knock with a wrench to see if something is sticking but have had no luck. Oh and 1 more thing, when i plug my EST into the truck with Key on engine off and push pedal to floor at ALL times the tps and app will both read %100, its only doing it when key on engine on. I have taken a video of a full throttle application with camera on the scanguage to show what its doing if anyone is interested i can find a way to send video to you or post it on here once i find out how.

Anyone who took a moment to read this bible and lend some advice, Much obliged.

Sean

Search this Thread