Notices

no rangers?!?!

Old 07-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turboranger91
wow! those are some pretty impressive times. best of luck to you on your next project. i'd love to see a ranger run in the 9's! not that it hasn't been done before but it is a feat nonetheless.
Thanks
I'm sure it's been before, but I haven't seen one like the one I'm going to build ... Mines going to be street legal.
It won't be my driver, but it will be street legal and driven to the track.
As usual, I won't do it the way everyone else would. I'm going to use a 331. I have a 408 but that would be too easy.
I'm going to go with twin turbos, which wil be a bit of a pain, but I've already done the all motor thing (in the 10s), the nitrous thing (in the 8s) and the S/C thing (in the 10s) And, as you know, I even already done the turbo thing (in the 13s), but nothing like this. This one will be a real trick!
Turbo is the adder with the most potential and I want to use it. But like I said, this will be a daily driver, so it won't be the quickest thing I've ever built. I bet it'll be the mst fun, though!
But alas, it'll be more than a year away, before it happens.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by An11secRanger
Thanks
I'm sure it's been before, but I haven't seen one like the one I'm going to build ... Mines going to be street legal.
It won't be my driver, but it will be street legal and driven to the track.
As usual, I won't do it the way everyone else would. I'm going to use a 331. I have a 408 but that would be too easy.
I'm going to go with twin turbos, which wil be a bit of a pain, but I've already done the all motor thing (in the 10s), the nitrous thing (in the 8s) and the S/C thing (in the 10s) And, as you know, I even already done the turbo thing (in the 13s), but nothing like this. This one will be a real trick!
Turbo is the adder with the most potential and I want to use it. But like I said, this will be a daily driver, so it won't be the quickest thing I've ever built. I bet it'll be the mst fun, though!
But alas, it'll be more than a year away, before it happens.
that's gonna be a big job, but the outcome will make for a fun little toy. it's too bad you don't live out my way, i'd love to be a part of something like that. buck up there, kiddo... a year isn't all that long a time. you'll be tearing up the streets like nobody's business before you know it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Heh, no kidding, a year isn't that long. I'm not sure I can get it done by then.
If things keep going the way they are, I might never finish!
Long story short; my son wants (and is getting) the turbo Mustang, my daughter wants (and is getting) a new 4wheeler for her birth-day. And, if that's not enough, I recently told my wife, we'll have a new friggin HOUSE before year's end!
But, I did tell her, if at all possible, the new Ranger has to be done, so we'll see ... She's ALWAYS won in the past, so ...
Old 07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Heh, no kidding, a year isn't that long. I'm not sure I can get it done by then.
If things keep going the way they are, I might never finish!
Long story short; my son wants (and is getting) the turbo Mustang, my daughter wants (and is getting) a new 4wheeler for her birth-day. And, if that's not enough, I recently told my wife, we'll have a new friggin HOUSE before year's end!
But, I did tell her, if at all possible, the new Ranger has to be done, so we'll see ... She's ALWAYS won in the past, so ...
i feel for ya man! i've been there in the past with my ex wife so i know how that goes. hey, at least your son is on the right track! you've deffinately got a busy year ahead of you and i wish you the best. feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. oh, by the way, is your sons turbo mustang a 2.3t or a turbo 302?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

2.3t from a turbo coupe.
I built it for my wife, but she wanted something stock.
Now she has a Grand Marquis. She may get a Fusion when I get the loan for the house. That's what she wants, anyway. I want her to get an Escape. Maybe, we'll just buy something used. Idunno
Old 07-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Teching In

i've got a 97 neon that i'll sell ya!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turboranger91
i've got a 97 neon that i'll sell ya!
Uuuuh ... NO!
I have an 88 Chrysler LeBaron (yeah, it's got the turbo) and I don't need any more headaches, thank you very much!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Uuuuh ... NO!
I have an 88 Chrysler LeBaron (yeah, it's got the turbo) and I don't need any more headaches, thank you very much!
no kidding! i hate chrysler, but it's my stupid self that bought this thing. it's my second neon, but i just couldn't pass up the deal for a good daily driver. it runs well and everything works... plus it only cost me $900.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

My wife bought the one we have. That's all I have to say about that.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Teching In

oh, i see how it is...

lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no rangers?!?!