Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no rangers?!?!

does nobody on this site have a ranger?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sure somebody here has a Ranger.
There aren't too many, though. I think the biggest reason is because this site is still fairly new.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

i've got a 94 ranger. i've never even thought of it as something to mod out but i think i have ideas forming in my head now
Old 07-18-2006, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

i got a 96 reg cab with the 2.3 and the auto
Old 07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Teching In

I have 96 ranger extended cab with a 4.0 automatic. Lowered, sound, few other nic nacs. Looking to do a 5.0 swap.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by An11secRanger

I'm sure somebody here has a Ranger.
There aren't too many, though. I think the biggest reason is because this site is still fairly new.
i thought it must be pretty new, otherwise i'd have found it before now. what motor do you have in yours? are you on RPS?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

I have a lowly 302 in mine.
Yes, I'm on RPS.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Teching In

i just read a few of your posts on rps and it seems like you have a decent truck. it also sounds like you should get your cooling system squared away, overheating is not a good thing. i can't believe you've had yours a v8 since 92! you must have been a pioneer or something. lol.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by turboranger91
i just read a few of your posts on rps and it seems like you have a decent truck. it also sounds like you should get your cooling system squared away, overheating is not a good thing. i can't believe you've had yours a v8 since 92! you must have been a pioneer or something. lol.
It's decent for a beater. It's my driver, so I don't get crazy about it. I'm gathering parts for a new Ranger and my ET goal is 9.6s. don't be surprized if it runs a bit quicker.
My plan with the current truck was to run 11.9s
The overheating issue isn't that bad. It doesn't overheat as long as I pay attention. But I do have to keep an eye on it. To tell the truth, since I moved to north FL, it hasn't been a problem at all. Although, it's been parked for a long time.
That reminds me, I have to buy some parts (clutch cable system) some time this week!
I feel like a pioneer some times! I think, I may still be the only 302 (not bored or stroked) powered Ranger to run in the tens.
But that'll prolly never happen again because I don't want to break it (today).
Although, for the correct amount of money, it could happen, if this old ragged out engine is still up to it ... Which I doubt!
Old 07-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by An11secRanger
It's decent for a beater. It's my driver, so I don't get crazy about it. I'm gathering parts for a new Ranger and my ET goal is 9.6s. don't be surprized if it runs a bit quicker.
My plan with the current truck was to run 11.9s
The overheating issue isn't that bad. It doesn't overheat as long as I pay attention. But I do have to keep an eye on it. To tell the truth, since I moved to north FL, it hasn't been a problem at all. Although, it's been parked for a long time.
That reminds me, I have to buy some parts (clutch cable system) some time this week!
I feel like a pioneer some times! I think, I may still be the only 302 (not bored or stroked) powered Ranger to run in the tens.
But that'll prolly never happen again because I don't want to break it (today).
Although, for the correct amount of money, it could happen, if this old ragged out engine is still up to it ... Which I doubt!
wow! those are some pretty impressive times. best of luck to you on your next project. i'd love to see a ranger run in the 9's! not that it hasn't been done before but it is a feat nonetheless.

Quick Reply: no rangers?!?!