IN MEMORY OF... performancetrucks.net members that have fallen. They will live on in our hearts and minds.

RIP Michael (Lurius)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone.. My name is Stephanie, and I am Michael's sister. I am just finding this thread. It was so nice to read all the caring replies, and yet still just as heartbreaking as the day this happened. Time does not heal the hurt and sadness, and does not make it easier. Everyday is just as sad as the one before.. always waking up in the morning hoping it was just all a bad nightmare.. Michael would have turned 27 this year.
I saw a couple things posted and wanted to clear them up. Michael did not have any kids, and his on/off long time gf died in Dec...a couple months before Michael. Michael was in the '68 when the accident happened. Yes, the newspaper wrote something that made him sound bad. Needless to say, a LOT of people, including our mom, called and they had that changed the next day. There were a lot of things that are still questioned about the accident. It was because of Michael being diabetic, his sugar was off and the IDIOTS at his work let him leave..knowing he wasn't ok. He was apparently pale and seemingly drunk(signs of when something is obviously not ok with sugar). I'm going to try and make this as short as possible. While he was driving, it was apparently obvious something was wrong. A lady followed him all the way till the accident happened, an was on the phone the whole tile with 911. Needless to say the police didn't do anything until it was too late. He went head on into a little S-10 chevy truck.(supposedly very fast..as we think he may has passed out with his foot down and with the engine he had just put in that truck..it was fast.) Well guess what? The driver of the little S-10 was ILLEGAL, did not speak english, had NO INSURANCE, no DL, and wasn't even supposed to be in that area. If he wasn't there, there's a chance that Michael would have gone up into the grass field and slowed down. Instead of being deported, tickets, and going to jail..the driver of the S-10 tried to sue us and was rewarded money from insurance. BEYOND words/disgusted. And yes, had he been in the '04, Michael would still be here.
Just to let you all know..we still have his '04..with that beautiful sound it makes when started. His dog Faye is still doing good. <3 I had a baby girl in Feb. 2010 and her name is Michaela. I am currently pregnant right now and the babys middle name will be Michael.
I recognize Scott and Wheatley..as I have heard those names many times. I would love to have contact with those of you who knew Michael, so please contact me!
Again, it was very nice to see this post and all the replies from people who knew Michael. Thank you. ~Stephanie.
(My fb... https://www.facebook.com/StephanieP83)
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Sorry to hear, he was one year younger than me. I didn't know him and joined after this had happened, but sounds like he was an awesome guy.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wasn't a member during this time, but it's always sad to hear of a good person in our community dying, especially a level-headed young guy with an obviously nice truck, those are very rare in this world.

So my condolences go out to you and your family, as the pain from the loss of a loved one never truly goes away.