IN MEMORY OF... performancetrucks.net members that have fallen. They will live on in our hearts and minds.

budhayes3, my tribute to you

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default budhayes3, my tribute to you

I say this with a heavy heart to all who knew the man.

Billy,
I hope u can hear this.

No amount of words can do u justice, but I'll give it my best.

I'm beyond understanding on this one. If only he called me, I woulda reached out. I always said call me anytime, night or day, no matter what. He knew I worked a funny schedule, but we chatted whenever, about trucks, builds, life.

I would do & would've done anything for him. I hadn't been on PT since Sept. 12th. But we still talked when we could.

To those that knew, we had a great friendship on here, half a country apart. We shared takin jabs but wanted to meet in person. We'd run each other in Jersey, he was to build a 6L, me to use a Maggie. His 4WD to my 2WD. Both running FLT Level 7's, that we scripped & saved for, even same convertor, but his would be stalled a tad more.

Really, I coulda cared less who won, but just wanted to meet this guy, who yaught me so much. My trans & cooler build was in some small way, my way to give back to the PT.net community that had taught me & showed me some fun times & laughs.
If he wasn't my 1st friend on PT, after I became friends w/. trever1t. Billy was likely my closest friend not for any other reason than I knew most everything about him, ... but this.

My thoughts, prayers to anyone he touched, family, friends, PT.net family.
He was 1 of a kind who had the most generous heart to help. Even if he'd heard the same question 1000 times.

I got to talk to, even if a few words or many, his Mom, Rosie & his girlfriend. I wish you all the best during thes difficult times & moving forward. All the love in the world to you all. I never got to have his Mom's homemade pasta, alongside Billy, nor commend her for such a wonderful child, her son.

He loved Rosie so, so much. She was his everything. Your dad was incredible, Rose. I knew that without ever meeting face to face, but you could tell.

I hope that if anyone is ever so down, just a call a friend, loved one, another PT member. Life is too precious.

Billy, left us too early. For he was 1 of the good ones!!!
I love you, my friend.

There are others on here I'd tell I love you too & mean it. In fact, only 2 others. Billy told that to me 1 day, having never met me, he just had that way. Here I was taken aback, that someone I met over the net, knew my character, yet I didn't make fun of him, & replied the same.

Life is short, so make the best of it.

To finish, I'll borrow a line from Billy, for Billy.
Be well, brother.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good words bro,its Sad man,depression sucks I have been through it...it's real hard.may he r.i.p
Old 12-15-2011, 07:51 PM

Nice tribute
Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful bro
Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Well Said......Tom......
Old 12-15-2011, 08:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hear hear! well said!

rest in peace bro!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Well said, rip!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Well Said fastnblu!!!!
I like to trade a jab here and there with him on the forum but it was always in good fun. He was always willing to share what he knew and never afraid to admit when he was wrong. He was always willing to chat esspecially when you asked for help or advice. He always went above and beyond to find an answer even if he did not know or have one for you.

His presence on here will truely be missed!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I have browsed the site for years but only really have made it my favorite site that I visit everyday for the last couple months and learned real quick who to listen to and take advice from, budhayes3 was one of those guys that I instantly knew was a very knowledgable guy and willing to help.
He will greatly be missed on this site.
RIP
Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice. Thanks! It definitely doesn't make an ounce of sense. But it never does. I am sorry for your pain man. Hang in there. As time begins to heal your wounds, remember the wound was deep. (I am proof) Take care of yourselves and let this be a damn lesson. Just reach out.

Quick Reply: budhayes3, my tribute to you