Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

M3SRT - won't pay up !

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M3SRT - won't pay up !

Project started after his LY6 wiped out a lifter on his cam. He bought a trashed 408 stroker and I helped him out with that . . . .

After getting his motor back I agreed to install the repaired 408 short block. This consisted of pulling his low oil pressure LY6 out, and assembling his "newer" 408.

I was hired to pull the low oil pressure motor out, and install the "newer" 408 for $1,600, at $500 weekly payments.

This consisted of pulling every thing off of the long block LY6 to make the 408 in running condition. Meaning install cam, heads, oil pump, chain . . . everything to make it run. The 408 was a bare short block.

While getting the oil motor out, I found that there were only 4 bolts holding the trans to the engine. He was called an notified of what I found. Then a driver's side motor mount was trashed also. . . called on that.

A few days later the 408 is ready to be dropped in. At this time, I noticed that there's a chip missing off of the bell housing. After tapping on the other corners, one of the other top sections falls right off.

So at this point I give him a call and let him know what I've found, . . . . and he parts out the project. His truck was towed off, the LY6 was sold the same day and all of the other random parts and now 408 long block were picked up. (recently all sold off).

When I asked about payment he was very hesitant about paying. When I said that I've done over half of the work, I'll settle for half which is $800. Nick said that he'll pay me when he gets more money. . . . again, several big dollar items were sold since then and I have seen nothing.

Sept 22nd was his last contact with me. He stated that "when I get money for you i will take care of you."
Old 09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dam that sucks werent yall good buddys?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that sucks man. What's up with people lately screwing people over.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMCSIERRA5.3
Dam that sucks werent yall good buddys?
I've known Nick for a while, I did his first cam swap in his original 5.3 years ago.

I'd like to think that I helped him out a ton with his 408 purchase crap that happened.
I picked it up from the air port,
to the machine shop
to the second machine shop.
Made a thread on what was found

Crappy way to find out you're buddies are
Old 09-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

So is this the same motor?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-408-a-519027/

And the LY6 was in it while it was a "5.3"
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man that sucks. People always humor me in there actions. Hope it works out and ya get paid..
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
So is this the same motor?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-408-a-519027/

And the LY6 was in it while it was a "5.3"
Yes same 408.

The LY6 has been in there for some time.

The 408 was rebuilt again by LME with new bearings, pistons, rings/wrist pins, decked . . .
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let me tell you guys about matt this will be my first last and only post on here I am not going to argue on the internet like a woman! Well my 6.0 was half way torn apart no oil pan and only.one head on ... engine was full of shavings. ... he assured me that the engine would still e good so I got a brand new cam lifters gaskets ect and spent almost 1k on that stuff .. then paid him 600 to put a cam in and put on heads .. never drove the truck because it has no oil pressure .. he knew the engine wouldent run but just wanted me to pay him for unnessecary work ... then bought another engine long story short brought a shortblock to his house he waited 3 weeks before calling me and telling me he doesn't want to work on my truck anymore and to find someone else to install the engine .. so I called around another person quoted me over triple the price that matt was charging me ... I had no choice so I was taking the truck to the other person .. I informed him that someone else was doing the install for 1600 .. so he tells me he will do it for that price ... that worried me from.the get go .. he had no time to work on my truck but for almost triple the price it was fine for him ... his exact words were " wow I'm.cheap " .. so went and spent several hundred dollars on additional parts gaskets oils ect .. 3 days into him taking out the engine he tells me my transmission is cracked when I know for a fact that the transmission was in perfect condition the transmission has less than 2 k miles on it and I can confirm that ... I found a new 80e then called him to tell him I will bring him a new 80 e to bolt up to my very expensive 408 stroker .. he agreed .. then 2 hours later he tells me he is going to bolt up my 408 to the transmission that is missing 2 bolts .. and get the truck out of his garage and pay him 1600 ... and I can worry about the transmission some other time I really truly believe that matt broke my transmission and doesn't want to man up to breaking part of my bell housing like I said transmission has less than 2k on it .. its been run down the track 1 time . Don't think it would be cracked like that from anything I've done ...

I currently have no vehicle and in the process of trying to buy one ... yes I've sold the engine I have a ton of money tied up right now and I DID NOT say I wasn't going to pay him I told him.when I have the money to pay him that he will be paid he wants 800 from me for pulling out an engine and putting the heads from my 6.0 to a short block ... once again I never said at all I wasn't going to pat him ...so that's my situation .. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FIRST AND LAST POST ON THIS NO REASON TO BICKER AND ARGUE LIKE WOMEN OVER THE INTERNET AND RESORT TO HIM TRYING TO RUIN MY SALES I WILL POST PICTURES OF THE "RUINED" CAM THAT IM SUPPOSODLEY TRYING TO DUMP ON SOMEONE

AND THATS THE WHOLE STORY NOT JUST THE HALF THAT MAKRS MATT LOOK GOOD .. I HAVE NEVER SCAMMED ANYONE EVER OR NOT PAYED FOR SERVICE THAT WAS DONE CORRECTLEY AND ON TIME AND D WHAY DID I GET STUCK WITH A BROKEN ENGINE AND A DAMADGED TRANSMISSION

GOODBYE EVERYONE

Last edited by 03sierraslt; 09-30-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And yes it was a H C 6.0 on nitrous for the record 11.5qtr mile btw
Old 09-30-2013, 04:09 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by m3srt
And yes it was a H C 6.0 on nitrous for the record 11.5qtr mile btw
I thought the post before was your last

Quick Reply: M3SRT - won't pay up !