Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

ltr450ryder - Bad seller - HKE 408

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply looking for your side of the story man, not accusing you. When threads like these are made, it is typicaly because the seller doesn't want to work with the buyer. Lets see what HKE says on the subject.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
Simply looking for your side of the story man, not accusing you. When threads like these are made, it is typicaly because the seller doesn't want to work with the buyer. Lets see what HKE says on the subject.
Thank u I'm trying my best to help
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

George has always been great to deal with for me... Hopefully y'all get this worked out!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

FOR THE RECORD:

I did lose a cam gear on this engine due to improper torque specs...i had no bottom end issues at all. just a lost cam gear and a ton of bent valves. I sold the long block to George as a fresh rebuild from HKE. i know for a fact that new crank bearings were put in and they sent the crank out for a turn and polish since they were putting in new bearings. i watched a majority of the motor get assembled. i sent George pictures of the engine completely torn down and a few as i watched Eric build it. it shipped directly to George from HKE's loading dock as is with no warranty.

I feel bad for both parties because i consider both of them as buddies. i sold a 408 to and have bought a built transmission from George without ANY issues. I've sold a few minor things to nick over the years without any problems too. i've had texts/calls from both of them looking for advice and help. I hate that my name is even associated with this motor but at this point i'm stepping out of the way. I sold a fresh rebuild over a year ago from a reputable builder. Unfortunately i doubt HKE will do anything about this.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Atomic
This may be a dumb question, but why are you posting on behalf of M3SRT instead of him posting this himself?

Has the seller responded to why this motor is trashed? Did he provide any paperwork saying HKE actually built it? Why was it sent to LME and not back to HKE?
M3SRT was planning on having myself do his engine swap with this 408. It was being delivered to my house. M3SRT is out of town and he asked if he could have the engine delivered to my house. We knew before buying the engine that the reluctor wheel needed to be swapped out before dropping it in. M3SRT called around on pricing for the wheel swap, and asked if I could drop off the engine at LME. They called with the discovery . . . I took pictures, talked to the LME guys about what happened, how to fix, and what all went wrong. I contacted M3SRT about the findings, . . . and here we are.

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
wasnt that stewarts(txsilverado) motor at one time?
yep. . . . but this has nothing to do with him.
Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
No I didn't take his money and run the motor was running when took out of my truck. It ran so I wasn't going to tear it apart no reason to and trying to find out if hke will do anything about it. And yes Txsilverado old motor that blew up on him too and I've been staying in touch with nick also.
When you don't stand behind something you sold, and pass the blame on to someone else, meaning a previous owner before yourself . . . that's running.

You sold this as a running engine with no issues. There's no possible way that you didn't see the loss of oil pressure or unless you're deaf . . . an auditable knocking noise going on. Open headers or not, this would have been heard.

Here's how I see this. This is up to ltr450ryder, George to take care of. The blame or previous issues do not lie with TXSilverado or anyone else . . . Man up that you sold an engine with trashed bearings and take care of this. It's just that simple.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not blaming stew for anything stating a fact and I didnt hear anything in the motor when it was running so I can't help you there and I called a few speed speed shops by me and I sent them the link to this page and the all said 1000-1500 max to fix what u have described so idk were your getting 4k from and if I was running y I'm I still here debating this with you guys. I'm trying to think of the best way possible for both parties.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
I'm not blaming stew for anything stating a fact and I didnt hear anything in the motor when it was running so I can't help you there and I called a few speed speed shops by me and I sent them the link to this page and the all said 1000-1500 max to fix what u have described so idk were your getting 4k from and if I was running y I'm I still here debating this with you guys. I'm trying to think of the best way possible for both parties.
Again, the 4K was for a total rebuild, that included the heads. The short block is the only issue at the moment. The heads are still on the block.

$1,000-1,500 can be anyone's bare minim estimate.

Repairs - Here's what's needed to make it running again:
Size the crank - mains and rods
Line hone the mains on the block
Balance the crank again
replace lifters, oil pump, head gaskets,
New cam, main, and rod bearings.
reassemble, clean and inspect all parts

That's just the machine work side. The whole setup should be torn down and inspected since it had had metal trash throughout the motor. You agree?

George. . . you have yet to say what you're taking responsibility on yet, or what you will do . . . .Hence the running comment. Asking TXSilverado or having M3SRT take care of tracking down previous owners is not his responsibility. It's at a machine shop now. Call them up yourself. They'll tell you what is wrong or what went wrong with the motor. Call them 713-849-4505

Last edited by thunder550; 06-18-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Idk what I want to do yet y I haven't givin u or him an answer and the engine builder said that's including tear down and cleaning and he build 6-9 second motors every day so I'm taking his word and when I weight out my options ill let u know. And nick also know I sold the motor to pay for part of my wedding so yea idk

Last edited by ltr450ryder; 06-18-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

I've personally rode in the truck with Ryder while he made a few runs with my bros R6. Never heard any noise the op is describing. He did walk the R6 pretty good with a 300# passenger
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep in mind, this motor has yet to be ran. IF it had been, it would have scattered or been knocking on startup. There's no BS'n around that.
There are known issues, George needs to man up and fix the situation.

The motor has been in one truck and only one truck since the rebuild, and that was George's truck. He was the last person to have it. . . Getting married or strapped for cash is not M3SRT's fault . . . it's just more excuses to delay or ignore what's going on.

Flat out, George sold a screwed up motor.

Originally Posted by S10W5133RA
I've personally rode in the truck with Ryder while he made a few runs with my bros R6. Never heard any noise the op is describing. He did walk the R6 pretty good with a 300# passenger
again . . . he advertised and sold it as a running motor when it is clearly neither

I'm not perfect, but I know what burnt bearings look like and what the symptoms are. There's no way that George did not see low to no oil pressure, or did not hear an audible knocking going on.

Last edited by thunder550; 06-18-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: ltr450ryder - Bad seller - HKE 408