Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

idahoblkss jon is the man!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idahoblkss jon is the man!

Back on jan 12th i bought jon's F1R procharger and he had it shipped out that day. on its way to NJ the fedex truck it was on caught on fire and burned to the ground. what should have taken 2 days on fedex's part ended up turning into over a month. they just didnt want to pay out the claim because of the amount of money involved. Many calls from jon, faxes, and other correspondents, as well as me calling and flippin the F out finally got some action from them. long story short, this man had gone through hell over the past month and a half to get our money back and for that he is ONE HELL OF A GUY TO DEAL WITH!

Thanks jon!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man that sux, but nice to hear both parties stayed involved and things got straight, so i take it you got your money? did you get another procharger?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

So wait, it was insured for the amount of the blower, but they just said no when it came to paying out the claim?? Why in the **** would they offer insurance if they don't back it up??
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
So wait, it was insured for the amount of the blower, but they just said no when it came to paying out the claim?? Why in the **** would they offer insurance if they don't back it up??
Same reason we were told our taxes were NOT going to be raised..To get our buisness/vote

op, glad you got your money with the help of a good seller!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I could "like" and add rep ^^
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So when do you get a new F1?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:47 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the chances of that happening ? Damn !

Kudos to Idaho for helping , great to hear we have standup members who try to help a bro out !

What are your plans now schino ?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skeet
man that sux, but nice to hear both parties stayed involved and things got straight, so i take it you got your money? did you get another procharger?
yup, just cashed the check yesterday. no procharger just yet, i found others for sale but i didnt realize how much it was all going to cost me until after i added it up after i paid jon haha

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I want to make sure everyone knows this. they will absolutely not pay what you insured it for. they have no problem taking your money for the insurance but you will need proof of how much money was paid on it. they wanted proof of money transactions. i asked well what if i paid cash? the lady i spoke with said well we wouldnt pay you. how messed up is that ****!! i lost my mind. I was fighting with them over $175 that i was going to let jon keep. he was asking 2700, we came to agreement on 2525 without the pulley. he insured it for 2700 but fedex only paid out 2525. they even gave him a hard time about refunding the shipping costs because he couldnt find the receipt! if they knew it was this size, weighed this much, going from point a to point b dont they know what it costs!?! they did after all come up with the price to begin with!

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Same reason we were told our taxes were NOT going to be raised..To get our buisness/vote

op, glad you got your money with the help of a good seller!
jon was thanking me for dealing with it over time. i gotta thank him!! he had gotten my money, he very well could have said screw you and move on with his life.

Originally Posted by chevyboy.520
So when do you get a new F1?
Originally Posted by TIM Z
What are the chances of that happening ? Damn !

Kudos to Idaho for helping , great to hear we have standup members who try to help a bro out !

What are your plans now schino ?
ive gotten prob 1000 packages, it figures one of the most expensive ones is the one to have problems hahaha. we both came to the conclusion that this community is full of a bunch of great guys!

i may still eventually get another F1. i was going to build another 4.8 on a stand for the F1 so if i find a good deal on a complete 4.8 ill pick it up and start doing what i gotta do. as for right now, my buddy (the one who tuned my truck), just opened up his own shop. i stopped by to check it out yesterday and we talked about pulleying the tvs1900 a little harder and changing over to e85. so most likely will be going overdrive crank, i may need 8 rib, either sumped or surge tank with a magnafuel 4303 pump, return system, bosch 127# injectors, 3 bar map and go speed density. i figure ill build the fuel system to handle 1000hp so if i do go F1 its all already in place. gonna try to go for somewhere around 620-650 to the wheels with the help of giggle gas
Old 03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice plans ! That 1900 ain't done yet !

Pulley down and def do the OD balancer . And your gonna need an 8rib setup , I had slip up top with a6 rib and 2.6 pulley .

I had a custom 8rib 2.5 pulley made and added meth , hoping to see around 15 psi , thinking I might see 650-675 Rwhp when I go for more tuning , well see ! I've been very impressed with this 1900 so far !
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Man what a bummer! I had a similar issue not too long ago with a Yank PT3600 I bought from a fellow member. He was a great guy and completely refunded me. This forum i sfull of real class acts!

damn Tim you have that 1900 screaming for dear life!! LOL