Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

I need help and I don't know where to post this

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
If it were me, i would subtract whatever it costs to store it, and give him back 75% of whatever was left and tell them the rest is for wasting my time!! If you didnt have to pay for storage, charge $50 a day for storing it, and then the stupidity fee of 25% of whatever is leftover! Maybe im just an ******* thats been burned over that crap one too many times!!
Thinking I may just go this route. I didn't have to hold it. Called the local law enforcement agency to ask what should I do. They said let him take me to small claims court lol
Old 12-01-2016, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Been in this exact situation with a $500 motorcycle that had a title. Although the guy fell off the face of the earth and showed up like 8mo later to pay the remainder and pick up the bike

I ended up keeping the bike and reselling it to a guy who picked it up that day.

I was told by a paralegal that after 30 days, I can do as I want with his money. Without a contract, or a signature on anything there is very difficult road ahead of him to prove that he gave you money.

I am not saying its right, and I am not saying you should rip the guy off, but I am saying the law of possession seems to be on your side.

If it were me, I would resell the car, and give the guy his money (eventually what I ended up doing) or scrap it and give him scrap value back (you keep the $500) or be a totally legal and pompous *** and tell him to pound sand, resell car and make double.

100% up to you. Only thing going here is the honor system. If he knows where you live, I would give him the money back just for the peace of mind about sleeping at night.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I'd give him a $100 and tell him to go away... (And that's being generous) Then scrap the car. If he wants more, tell him to sue you for it. He made a deal and should be an adult and hold up his end.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbracing96
I'd give him a $100 and tell him to go away... (And that's being generous) Then scrap the car. If he wants more, tell him to sue you for it. He made a deal and should be an adult and hold up his end.
Exactly my point.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the $500 and tell him the car is his. Put the signed title in the glovebox and wheel the thing curbside.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

😂 lmao
Old 12-02-2016, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Been in this exact situation with a $500 motorcycle that had a title. Although the guy fell off the face of the earth and showed up like 8mo later to pay the remainder and pick up the bike

I ended up keeping the bike and reselling it to a guy who picked it up that day.

I was told by a paralegal that after 30 days, I can do as I want with his money. Without a contract, or a signature on anything there is very difficult road ahead of him to prove that he gave you money.

I am not saying its right, and I am not saying you should rip the guy off, but I am saying the law of possession seems to be on your side.

If it were me, I would resell the car, and give the guy his money (eventually what I ended up doing) or scrap it and give him scrap value back (you keep the $500) or be a totally legal and pompous *** and tell him to pound sand, resell car and make double.

100% up to you. Only thing going here is the honor system. If he knows where you live, I would give him the money back just for the peace of mind about sleeping at night.
That's not fair to OP. He held up his end and the guy is screwing him over. He's not being an *** for acting within the law.

My opinion- do whatever will let you sleep at night. If you're going to feel bad (bad not guilty because you did nothing illegal) about your choice, maybe you shouldn't choose it.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wretched73
That's not fair to OP. He held up his end and the guy is screwing him over. He's not being an *** for acting within the law.

My opinion- do whatever will let you sleep at night. If you're going to feel bad (bad not guilty because you did nothing illegal) about your choice, maybe you shouldn't choose it.
True. I could have been sold it lol