Member Feedback Buyer/Seller references, report frauds here

Got screwed by go5.3tt06

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sat and watched an auto transport company trailer a neighbor's Mercedes last week. The neighbors have been gone for quite some time, so the car was in need of being shipped to them. Long story short, the car wouldn't start and the "transporters" ended up using the Cummins diesel they drove in, unhooked it from the trailer, pulled the Mercedes up the driveway with the Cummins, and coasted the Mercedes into the enclosed trailer at AT LEAST 5 m.p.h. I wouldn't trust anyone short of a reputable classic/exotic transporter to carry any vehicle I purchased, any distance. After what I saw happen just recently, I'd take an honest look into the transporter(s), for that part of the ordeal. Otherwise, good luck with the rest.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the VIN, year, and make are correct on the title, many states don't care about the model. The VIN systems can't pull up old numbers. The 88 Suburban I just bought said it was cargo van. I asked them to change it to R2500, which was a model in the system, and they approved it.

The VIN should be located on the car in multiple spots. If you get on a classic mustang site, I am sure they will list the locations. There should also be a build sheet in the car hidden in the interior. If not, I have a buddy that restored a 64 1/2 that might be able to shed some light on the subject.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tylertxss
then get a title for a ford fairlane.
What's to complain about? The fair lane will get you cheaper insurance rates.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Teching In

I thought vehicles 10 years and older didn't need titles for registration, just a bill of sale...
Old 05-15-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GreenMtnSS
I thought vehicles 10 years and older didn't need titles for registration, just a bill of sale...
Depends on the individual state. That doesn't apply here at all.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JFOLM
What's to complain about? The fair lane will get you cheaper insurance rates.
Yeah till you wreck it and the ins sees it is a mustang

Originally Posted by GreenMtnSS
Maybe in the Green Mountain State, not here

Tried to get Insurance for it and when we gave them the VIN she said there was a problem and she would have to talk to her supervisor and would call back tomorrow. He stated in the bill of sale he was the "lawful owner and the car is free from encumbrences" looking like thats not the case. Also in text the car was stated as a California car, which would need an "R" somewhere in the VIN...which is no where.
The VIN he gave was B547T66392 look around and find my Mustang. The VIN for a stang is formatted as: (example) 5T07T123456. 5=1965, T= assembly plant of Metuchen, New Jersey, 07=hardtop, T here equals 200ci I6, then the preceeding 6 digits are the production number.

Last edited by tylertxss; 05-15-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I guess B547T66392 is the vin and title from the mystery Ford Fairlane?
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah the only hit I can get is if I switch the 5 and the B. but even then nothing matches except the 5-1965, B-no such assembly plant code, 47-fairlane ranchero, T- 200ci I6, and the 66392 could be the production number but every one ive seen is 6 digits(not sure on that part)
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tylertxss
Or your stupid bitch *** doesnt know what the **** your talking about.
This is free country and everyone is allow to speak their own mind, the argue sides. So first off, you need to watch your god awful language and secondly, you basically started this. Original title was in the glovebox in the car on its way. Have you ever thought about the transporter may have switch the title? When hebwas picking up other cars. I have the verify of paperwork that the title matches the car (clarify: Ford Mustang 1965). Fairlane Ford, where did it come from? You sounded like you are scamming us. Now how's my grammar?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Ive been talking to some vintage Mustang guys and they say I may fell victim To a title wash scam. Layman's terms you get a salvage title car and bring it to a state that only requires a bill of sale, then in turn issue you a "clean title" and you sell the car as such. O Luke, you might be going away buddy if this is the case.

Car Title Washing Scams

Quick Reply: Got screwed by go5.3tt06