INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

forged 370 oil pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lukn4trbl355
No sir the 295 pump came with the red installed and the blue spring for 5-10 less psi. As for plastiguaging I should've done it before I put it in but I'm sure it would "void" the warranty. And atomic I wasn't too happy when I was told that.after interning for tnt racing engines myself there were no secrets whatsoever. specs were recorded and if the customer wanted specs on build sheet. As for bearing material there's none there is metal but nothing out or the ordinary out of a fresh engine. As for the company they claim a 500 mile break in before wot...no offense to anyone on here but I'm a strong believer in breaking them in on how they'll be driven. Either way have any of you guys experienced a damaged o ring or leaky cam retainer plate? I'm half tempted just to see if replacing both solve any issues before I yank this engine back out. Unless there's something else I can be overlooking
something is up man, i break my engine in the way its gona live. no problems so far. maybe check and see if theres a bad cam bearing or lifter? usually the problems we have had with low oil pressure pertains to those 2 issues. just some food for thought.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny you mentioned that. I mean the valvetrain is quiet bur yesterday I pulled the pushrods to make sure there was no blockage. Granted the one pushrod did seem to be dry while the others didnt. it's just this thing doesn't sound off in any way valvetrains quiet it's snappy etc. When I went around the block it didn't seem to be shy on power although I didn't lay my foot into it. One pushrod was short height wise yesterday but I think that cylinder was on the base circle of the cam.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh **** I just realized lifters don't change in height...think I found the issue then. But how can a collapsed lifter make ho noise??
Old 05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nevermind the comments. Motor is toast
Old 05-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Oh **** I just realized lifters don't change in height...think I found the issue then. But how can a collapsed lifter make ho noise??
If you mean they don't go up and down on the cam lobes, they probably won't if you have the pushrods out. remember the lifter trays will hold the lifter up. How much lift are you running? I don't know how much it takes but I've heard that after a certain amount it will actually lift the lifter above the oiling hole and cause a momentary leak, multiplied by 16 lifters it adds up. Also, when you checked oil pressure did you do it at the sending unit hole? That is the end of the line in the oiling system, if you check it at the pan above the oil filter right where most get their turbo oil from and you have higher pressure there that will tell you it's in the lifter area. Hope that makes sense, good luck man I hate to hear about things like this.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Nevermind the comments. Motor is toast
Posted while I was posting...That sucks. What did you find?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lsf I checked it out of the opsu port. I do appreciate the info but oil pressure seemed to be better today. Let it idle for a while went around the block and had to shut it off and coast it into the driveway statted faintly knocking and shut it off immediately...shes sitting outside waiting to be pushed in.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lsf I checked it out of the opsu port. I do appreciate the info but oil pressure seemed to be better today. Let it idle for a while went around the block and had to shut it off and coast it into the driveway statted faintly knocking and shut it off immediately...shes sitting outside waiting to be pushed in.
that ******* sucks...
Old 05-07-2015, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all I gotta say is I'm quite disappointed in this company. Hopefully they'll address the isue but I wonder what else will be wiped out or if they're gonna pay for the few hundo on gaskets etc and whatever else this piece of **** took oit. The block showed up with dinks kn the deck surface and I shouldnt of even accepted it although it was told it's hot an issue...Either way my fault for not sticking to building it myself and trying to save time
Old 05-08-2015, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Man it really stinks when things like this happen. If they don't take care of you please post up the name so others don't experience the same fate as you.

Quick Reply: forged 370 oil pressure issues