Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Ask me what I think??? lol
Okay I'll bite. What you think?
Old 11-01-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Lb for lb of boost, the turbo wins hands down but a blower is simply more reliable until you really crank it up to the level of belt slip then it can be a nightmare. A Procharger will easily get you to your goal but there are plenty of guys running 11's on low boost with turbos. I chose a Whipple this time for my daily pig because I keep it loaded to 6000 lbs with my tools and parts. Its fun as hell to drive and still hauls *** because of the enormous low end. That is the only reason I didn't do the Procharger was just because of wanting more low end with it loaded. Definitely did the right thing in my case. My turbo was rear mount and the only issues I ever really had was blowing off the charge pipe occasionally. It was way faster than the blower with similar boost although I have yet to get a custom tune...before end of year though. Not sure if there is a wrong decision here at that level.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
Lb for lb of boost, the turbo wins hands down but a blower is simply more reliable until you really crank it up to the level of belt slip then it can be a nightmare. A Procharger will easily get you to your goal but there are plenty of guys running 11's on low boost with turbos. I chose a Whipple this time for my daily pig because I keep it loaded to 6000 lbs with my tools and parts. Its fun as hell to drive and still hauls *** because of the enormous low end. That is the only reason I didn't do the Procharger was just because of wanting more low end with it loaded. Definitely did the right thing in my case. My turbo was rear mount and the only issues I ever really had was blowing off the charge pipe occasionally. It was way faster than the blower with similar boost although I have yet to get a custom tune...before end of year though. Not sure if there is a wrong decision here at that level.
Sweet. Taking into consideration that I'm a noob, when looking into turbos....which companies should I be considering in my search for a good Turbo system? A gentleman above mentioned, On3 turbos. However the gentleman who is assisting me with the build spoke against that company. So I'm just trying to consider and take in all the knowledge from the people that have used or know better than I.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2016, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Go with either Trick or KB Racing. You will be very satisfied with either kit
Old 11-01-2016, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Absolutely Trick or KB Racing! There are a couple others that advertised on here recently that looked promising as well and may be priced a bit less but the above are tried and true for our trucks. Both are stand up guys to do business with for sure. One may be a little more hard core than the other as far as custom builds and there may be some other advantages depending on the build. You just cant go wrong though with either. When I do another turbo it will be Kyle or Rick or a combination of both lol.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Legitness! Thanks fellas. Now the fun part begins. Time to spend money..👍🏼
Old 11-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On3 is definitely a budget kit, and there are reasons why they are as cheap as they are. But a lot of people have had great luck with them too. In my comment above, I mentioned "if budget was a concern." There is simply no other kit that can come close to competing with On3 in terms of pricing alone.

The other company's mentioned are stellar companies with proven quality, but a your talking about likely doubling your cost over an On3 kit. If money is not as big of an issue, then certainly I'd choose one the companies that are better known for quality.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Trick front mount kit with a single 76mm turbo. as long as you use high quality components to begin with, don't cut corners during the install and get tuned properly then I see no reason why anyone would have reliability issues with a build intended for daily driving.

To throw another option out I helped my dad install and tune a maggie tvs1900 on his Tahoe which has also been great for daily driver manners and reliability. Installation was somewhat easier than my turbo but all in all neither were a significant challenge. Really boils down to what you want to be doing and how you want your rig to feel tbh. Either option will burn rubber and haul *** in comparison to a stock truck haha
Old 11-02-2016, 01:07 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dajuggernoff85
Okay I'll bite. What you think?
I think turbos belong on Honda Civics......lol