You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Please read our site guidelines. It has information on what you need to know to help you navigate the site.
General Site Guidelines
These Guidelines apply to all sections. Note that each section may have additional guidelines related directly to that section. These rules will be updated as the need arises.
General Posting Guideline
Submit new posts in the relevant section!
Posting any contact information or links to non-sponsors or off-site auctions (Ebay) is prohibited.
-The size limit is 100 by 120 pixels or 23.4 KB
-Avatar pictures need to fit the PG-13 guidelines. No suggestive pictures please.
-They need to be limited to 8 lines including spaces between lines.
-Signature pictures are limited to 500x150 pixels.
-No animated sig pics.
-Please try to keep sig pics around 25KB in size.
-Only one signature picture is allowed.
-Negative remarks toward members, sponsors, or businesses are not allowed.
-Please do not link non-sponsor contact information.
-Signatures must meet the PG-13 guideline.
-Direct links to other "competing" websites will be removed. This will be at the discretion of the staff.
1. This site is rated PG-13. No nudity, links to nudity, or any images of an offensive or sexual nature will be allowed. Racial or Homophobic discussion or comments are strongly discouraged.
2. If you have a dispute with another member of the board, please do so privately using email or Private Messages. Please refrain from open forum personal attacks and flame wars.
3. Vulgar language should be kept to a minimum out of respect for others. If you wouldn't say it to your mother, please don't use it here.
4. Please keep direct linked images to a max of 800x600 pixels. Images larger may be removed and the link left. This really helps the slower connection users.
5. All posts should be made in English to allow everyone to read them.
2. Please use caution when posting off-topic* content. Obviously keeping members from being offended isn't a reality, however please tread lightly.
3. Religion is one of those topics that is and has been tried and proven to be a failed discussion. Religious threads will be removed. If we feel you are a repeat offender we'll ban you straight to hell. Political topics while interesting to discuss, have a tendency to degrade into flame wars so they are discouraged but tolerated to a small extent.
4. NWS material will be removed. PG-13 please.
5. Smack Talk or Flame War threads are NOT allowed. These type of threads will be removed.
6. This is an off topic* area but, threads discussing certain subjects such as (but not limited to: sexual relations, politics, religion (no longer allowed), personal hygiene, etc, ???) probably won't last long since they tend to degrade quickly.
Please keep in mind and take grasp to the fact these "guidelines" are just that...GUIDELINES. Rules are for elementary schools and daycare providers. Moderators can at any given time remove a thread they feel is a threat to the well being of their section and/or forum.
*off-topic means anything that is not related to vehicle performance. Quiet frankly, if it is not about TRUCK performance it is "off" topic.
Stole this from one of our site founders (Nineball)
In the past and present, some of you might have mistaken our policy for targetting guys that help each other out with trying to save a buck. Guys that do installations for beer and pizza, or maybe a couple bucks. We are all car guys/gals here, and performancetrucks.net does not have a problem with members helping each other out. If you see someone asking for help, you are more than able to send them a private message and offer assistance. You can even recommend them a shop that you have had good experience with. You can also talk about products that are made by places that do not sponsor performancetrucks.net. We have always encouraged the spread of information and knowledge here.
We need to more clearly define our policy, so hopefully it will be understood without question.
1. Non-sponsoring vendors and individuals may not use performancetrucks.net with intent to generate income. If you are trying to sell items or charge for your services, we ask that you become a sponsor on this site. This goes for forums, groups, blogs, or any site that you need traffic to generate "hits" and interest. Our rates are available upon request - Internet Brands, Inc. and are very reasonable considering the amount of traffic we see.
Here is IB's advertising/marketing LINK (<--click)
2. We allow members to sell used or 1-of items and vehicles in the classifieds and regional forums. This has never been a problem, unless we get a vendor trying to use the classifieds to sell new products or products in quantity. Services (labor) is never permitted for selling in the classifieds or regionals.
3. We will specifically target individuals who frequently send private messages and emails through our site to members who might be shopping or asking questions to paying sponsors. These individuals are undercutting the sponsors, trying to sell parts and services privately on the the site. This is considered unwanted spam, and is not tolerated on performancetrucks.net. Violators will be placed in the "Restricted User" category:
Restricted User Group:
-no access to email anyone through the site
-no access to private messaging system
-cannot see member profiles or location info
-cannot edit or delete their own threads
-cannot update their signatures or profiles
4. We understand that in special circumstances or regions, there might be limited assistance available, or no site sponsors in the area. We have no problem with you guys using the PM system to discuss things in this situation. We want everyone to get the installation/repair help they need. If you do have an excellent resource, maybe you could talk them into signing on here.
5. We allow non-sponsoring manufacturers and vendors to come to performancetrucks.net and speak about their new products or answer technical questions about their products. This has never been a problem. Most of these vendors will often direct any business to their distributors who advertise here. We encourage industry people to visit and interact here. They can do so without soliciting products, this has been proven for years now. We only ask that non-sponsors make no attempt to post any form of pricing or contact information (email, phone, website, address, etc...) with intentions to solicit for business. We ask that they direct all sales through a current vendor, or become a sponsor to do so directly.
Hope this clears things up, feel free to ask any questions.