Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Rear diff problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Buzzard
"Service writers usually know just a tick above how to **** up tying they're shoes. Hence they always **** up your work order."

I spent a portion of my working career as a Chevrolet service rep, in the midwest zone. Some phucked up dealers, for sure. But, nothing like the current bunch.
When we dealt w/ this shyt, we determined it needed fixing, told the dlr to "do it", wrote a 740 authorization. Done deal.

The sm there, is a nonentity. I asked for him/her to ride w/ me.. No dice. Back to the "make an appt" bullshyt.
I'm going to call 1 more time. Then, the next call is to the hotline. [Ya, I know, about as worthless as the service writer.]

This shyt is not new, by any stretch of the imagination. SAME nonsense w/ my new, 95 Suburban. That dlr SM came really close to the worst *** whipping he'd ever had.
**** man....sounds like you need a new dealership...

I had an issue with my wife's old chev cruze brakes. The SM was the man, he pretty quickly corrected the issue. He just went straight to "order a full new rear brake system". Pretty much skipped the troubleshooting steps...of course this was after I had it in 3 times in a 2 week span for the exact same issue.

This could be due to the dealership being a family affair, I'm sure large chain dealerships don't give a rats *** about one guy and a warranty claim.

Makes me realize more every day that I need an old truck....not the new one I have now.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really no updates at this point just still riding. Did manage get eliminate the shake and just stuck with the wine and growl. Just gonna deal with that (for lack of time) until i decide what i'm gonna do. Never owned a brand new truck until now. Never thought it would be like this. Way to go GM. The shake was the other axle flange not centered combined with a tire with high road force. It would pass it was just high in the tolerance.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BCraven1018
Really no updates at this point just still riding. Did manage get eliminate the shake and just stuck with the wine and growl. Just gonna deal with that (for lack of time) until i decide what i'm gonna do. Never owned a brand new truck until now. Never thought it would be like this. Way to go GM. The shake was the other axle flange not centered combined with a tire with high road force. It would pass it was just high in the tolerance.
So was it the axle shaft or the flange on the axle shaft that was off center ???

And where did you find another axle ???
Old 10-01-2015, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Well we took the caliper and rotor off and spun the axle in the truck. The flange was not true on the radial side of things. Like the lugs were drilled off center. As far as a new axle i was completely not crazy about it, but i bought a new shaft from a dealership.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Thumbs up

Well we took the caliper and rotor off and spun the axle in the truck. The flange was not true on the radial side of things. Like the lugs were drilled off center. As far as a new axle i was completely not crazy about it, but i bought a new shaft from a dealership.
Cool...thanks for the info !!! That kinda coincides with maybe why some dealers are replacing axles...

I MIGHT try to get the dealer to check this but we'll see...
Old 12-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Teching In

So after you replaced the axles, did you get your tires rebalanced?
Old 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

After the 2nd rebuild, and the SAME noise, I made a 3rd visit.
This time, I talked w/ the "P&S DIRECTOR".. Same bull shyt. His response: "I will tell you that, due to the bankruptcy and high recall expense, GM is reluctant to replace the entire assy. I'll call and ask, and get back to you." Going on 3 mo, no answers.
Next stop.... Get rid of this POS.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

They replaced a bad axle with a bad axle!

RT
Old 12-19-2016, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

You know you are probably right. its been a while since we replaced i do not remember spinning it. I still have some shake. Going on 07softails find with drive shaft run out i ordered an aluminum driveshaft from dennys. Hopefully that will eliminate some more shake. hopefully all of it
Old 12-19-2016, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You know you are probably right. its been a while since we replaced i do not remember spinning it. I still have some shake. Going on 07softails find with drive shaft run out i ordered an aluminum driveshaft from dennys. Hopefully that will eliminate some more shake. hopefully all of it
What'd the ds cost you? I'm thinking axles and ds will remedy most people's vibe problems.

Quick Reply: Rear diff problems