Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

anyone find what's causing those trucks to vibrate ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the signs point to pinion angle to me.... Why hasn't anyone shaved a little off the rear of the axle brackets to adjust the angle? mine seems to do it a little the first minute or so on the highway, then smooths out. I'm lowered 4/6". maybe raising the transmission mount a little might help as well? I might look into it in the future, but it's not that bad to me. does the driveshaft get pushed in too far after lowering? I wish I measured my angles before lowering the truck, but hindsight, ya know.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Mills
All the signs point to pinion angle to me.... Why hasn't anyone shaved a little off the rear of the axle brackets to adjust the angle? mine seems to do it a little the first minute or so on the highway, then smooths out. I'm lowered 4/6". maybe raising the transmission mount a little might help as well? I might look into it in the future, but it's not that bad to me. does the driveshaft get pushed in too far after lowering? I wish I measured my angles before lowering the truck, but hindsight, ya know.

Good flip kits will move the axle to the rear of the truck after flipping. I will say once lowered the tranny doesn't clunk in/out of gears anymore. So thats a plus, but I still have a vibration on decel under 25mph.

Which normally on decel vibration the pinion angle needs to go up, the trans and pinion are within 1.5° which should be good or so I thought. Might try a trans spacer and see what happens.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wuznme
Good flip kits will move the axle to the rear of the truck after flipping. I will say once lowered the tranny doesn't clunk in/out of gears anymore. So thats a plus, but I still have a vibration on decel under 25mph.

Which normally on decel vibration the pinion angle needs to go up, the trans and pinion are within 1.5° which should be good or so I thought. Might try a trans spacer and see what happens.
Are you in v4 or v8 mode when it vibrates?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have no V4...been gone since 1k miles.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Faur enough.... They do still have issues with the lifters/vlom randomly quitting though
Old 09-29-2016, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

They do... Have talked to a few guys now on facebook and such about lifter failures in these. GM has a TSB for it too... Afm is still the same junk.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Booked my bucket in for Tuesday about my vibration under load and my stupid 8 speed. I doubt the tranny will get any better as the service guy and I talked for a bit and he admitted even they are getting frustrated with GM as they don't actually fix this trans and just keep pumping them out. Well hopefully we get a resolution to the vibration anyway.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck with the shaking issue.

RT
Old 10-02-2016, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
Booked my bucket in for Tuesday about my vibration under load and my stupid 8 speed. I doubt the tranny will get any better as the service guy and I talked for a bit and he admitted even they are getting frustrated with GM as they don't actually fix this trans and just keep pumping them out. Well hopefully we get a resolution to the vibration anyway.
They changed my torque converter and it fixed a number of tranny related issues.
Weird clunks and hard downshifts, lock up cycling in and out.
Still would rather have a six speed though.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Gm has some sort of service update they put out on the 8 speeds in the camaros behind the 3.6 about the turbine shaft breaking in it and before any of them got done the resended it, something about a reflash to fix it and the reflash is apparently throwing all sorts of other codes in the process.... Reitterates why i dont want a sixth gen camaro.... Shouldve left well enough the hell alone...... Wouldnt buy a 2014 and up silverado either unless it is a 2500 with the l96 in it!! Although the realtree edition may just do me in on that!!

Quick Reply: anyone find what's causing those trucks to vibrate ?