Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Adding power windows, mirrors, seats, bluetooth etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musclecity85
Its a 50/50 chance and that's a lot of money to invest in something that is likely to not work. A cluster is easy compared to what he's talking about.
Shoot I posted the wrong vendor for the infotainment

Factory In Dash Navigation Systems for Cars and Trucks

Imo not sure about the 50/50 chance part, not sure how computers rolled off an assembly line have a 50/50 chance of working or not. Pretty sure there is a definite yes or no answer.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zman82
Shoot I posted the wrong vendor for the infotainment

Factory In Dash Navigation Systems for Cars and Trucks

Imo not sure about the 50/50 chance part, not sure how computers rolled off an assembly line have a 50/50 chance of working or not. Pretty sure there is a definite yes or no answer.
if you look at that link that is an Upgrade if you already have the 8in screen, he would have to have a mylink radio currently for it to work.. It doesnt come with a screen or anything..its a module that plugs in behind the radio screen. not a full upgrade. so your answer is NO that radio in the link wont work it only goes up to 15/16 and he has a 17 im assuing .he would have to have the screen and everything. like i said at that point it would have been cheaper to get a truck preloaded with all those things
Old 03-24-2017, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musclecity85
if you look at that link that is an Upgrade if you already have the 8in screen, he would have to have a mylink radio currently for it to work.. It doesnt come with a screen or anything..its a module that plugs in behind the radio screen. not a full upgrade. so your answer is NO that radio in the link wont work it only goes up to 15/16 and he has a 17 im assuing .he would have to have the screen and everything. like i said at that point it would have been cheaper to get a truck preloaded with all those things
The guy from the site posts on gm-trucks, he can do 4inch to 8inch upgrades also.

I'm not debating how wise it would be to buy a truck with it already in there, just that it can be done and that vendor is probably one of the only guys out there that actually r&d's these factory upgrades.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it's expensive and you will face a lot of problems with every part especially cluster and the screen and parts must by from same year or closer to it , programing will add up to 1k i guess why not buy an ls or lt ?