Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Wanting digital gauges via OBD2...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting digital gauges via OBD2...

...Anyone tried this?
2007 NNBS RCSB LT model non nav/bose/steering controls
There are few modules that plug into the OBD2 port that will provide you digital gauges on an android.
My first choice would be on a factory style navigation screen...
Don't even care about nav or any other features for that matter-more of a street/boost toy
Or has anyone mounted a just a 7" screen in place of the factory radio?
I'm guessing this may be one option,though a bit pricier than i would like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161563571184?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITThanks
Dom

Last edited by chopperloco; 11-22-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Restricted

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great idea! You know there's apps for things like that too... I was just looking at the dash command for Apple users, and that thing can display everything, even HP/TQ! I'm thinking about getting it, for $9.99), and comparing the numbers to my dyno tune!...... This app would work well with a double din app radio, display all your gauges and performance stuff! I even think it has a diagnosis mode that works as a scan tool.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

The only risk involved with Chinese stuff (besides being crap) is that many times the Android operating system is gutted to make it work with the bootleg hardware. This significantly limits your ability to upgrade or install new software (see how much advertising they have on the version number, because you can't change it!).
Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chopperloco
...Anyone tried this?
2007 NNBS RCSB LT model non nav/bose/steering controls
There are few modules that plug into the OBD2 port that will provide you digital gauges on an android.
My first choice would be on a factory style navigation screen...
Don't even care about nav or any other features for that matter-more of a street/boost toy
Or has anyone mounted a just a 7" screen in place of the factory radio?
I'm guessing this may be one option,though a bit pricier than i would like
Android 7"O Car DVD Player GPS Navigation Radio Stereo USB Nav for Chevrolet GMC | eBay
Thanks
Dom
have you checked out palmer performance, they have a odb2 module called dash logic you can program just about anything you need to show up in your dash display. There fully programmable to display what ever you want even set chime for limits. they also have a complete line of in dash I pad or android display crap too. I have afr, boost, trans temp all showing in my dash display and 7 other pages to ref fuel pres, bank 1 and 2 flo, intake temp, throttle percent, oil temp, water temp, tire psi ect....
check them out.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Guys-Great info!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Restricted

I went and looked at that Palmer piece, that thing seems like a good investment for the price!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I have the PLX Kiwi3 and running the Dash Command application on my iPhone. It works really well now that I am getting it figured out considering what you get for less than $100. I have downloaded a few dashboards but I am using my own version now to display supercharger boost, max boost (telltale style), transmission temperature, and max trans temp (telltale). I had to purchase the extended options package for my truck to get the trans temp but I prefer it to the digital display in the dash. I hope to be able to program a second page to do some log charts of intake temp, exhaust temp, air fuel (which I am not yet able to read anything but the command), and some trans stuff.

If anybody wants work collaboratively on a dashboard with me or for me let's talk! I know just enough to be curious at this point.

Mike
mikeskiw@gmail.com

Last edited by mikeskiw; 04-18-2016 at 07:01 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 05-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Anyone monitor oil temp using an ODB device/app? Do we have a build in sensor? Trying to decide if this will be a reasonable may to monitor temps and boost on a turbo setup.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Teching In

I am using Dash Command to monitor Supercharger boost, Oil temp, coolant temp, and transmission temp. Can't get fuel rail pressure and that is really bumming me out as my injector duty cycle is over 80% which is no-bueno. Once you get your boosted pig on the dyno you will probably join me in my pain... My boosted pig is almost as big as yours.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mikeskiw
I am using Dash Command to monitor Supercharger boost, Oil temp, coolant temp, and transmission temp. Can't get fuel rail pressure and that is really bumming me out as my injector duty cycle is over 80% which is no-bueno. Once you get your boosted pig on the dyno you will probably join me in my pain... My boosted pig is almost as big as yours.
Are you monitoring wideband? Or did you just hook up a sensor when tuning?

Got a Kiwi3 and loaded Torque yesterday... got oil temp, etc loaded up pretty easily. I did notice a discrepancy between my dash display and the OBD2 for a few parameters: (coolant temp was reading 10-15F cooler on Torque, and ambient temp was 3-4F cooler on dash). Will have to keep playing with it to see if this is a reasonable long term solution. Also considered DashLogic, but like that I can use the OBD2/Torque in multiple vehicles.

Quick Reply: Wanting digital gauges via OBD2...