Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Sneaky Silverado

Old 07-18-2014, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure i have some belt slip going on so I machined myself a new tensioner set up out of some 6061 aluminum that uses a Ford tensioner with a lot more strength than the stock LS tensioner. Power is coming on stronger but the belt on it is a year old and probably weak from slipping and being stretched. The tensioner is used as well, I didn't want to invest in a new one if things weren't going to work out, now that it does I'll replace it and the belt. It took to 120mph for a 600 (R6? I dunno, it was silver lol) to catch up so its something's working. Now to dial in the Caltrac bars!

Old 07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dick_landy
I'm pretty sure i have some belt slip going on so I machined myself a new tensioner set up out of some 6061 aluminum that uses a Ford tensioner with a lot more strength than the stock LS tensioner. Power is coming on stronger but the belt on it is a year old and probably weak from slipping and being stretched. The tensioner is used as well, I didn't want to invest in a new one if things weren't going to work out, now that it does I'll replace it and the belt. It took to 120mph for a 600 (R6? I dunno, it was silver lol) to catch up so its something's working. Now to dial in the Caltrac bars!

I bet he was thrilled
Old 03-30-2015, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spring is here and a few changes are happening to the truck. I'm ditching the radials and going back to 30x12.5 bias ply ET Streets and trying out some Rancho RS9000's in the back. After reviewing all my video footage from last year it's evident that the suspension is unloading after it hooks killing my 60'. It's also time to switch over to 8 rib pulleys. I've come up with a few band-aid solutions but I'm at the point where I'm spinning the blower too hard for a 6 rib belt. I'll be going with Innovators West 10% overdiven kit and squeeze some more boost.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:50 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not some dual adjustables for the back? Ready to see what it runs with this set of mods.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:28 PM
GM TECH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boober
I'm actually just looking at the similarities with the twin screw units. I thought that Whipple no longer uses Lysholm superchargers and has developed their own systems after they had trouble getting superchargers from Lysholm. Is Lysholm now buying Whipple chargers and slapping it's sticker on the side? I'm confused!

For comparison, here is my Whipple system.

Well, now that I can compare more closely, I think it's just the front housing that looks so similar. The body's of the superchargers are slightly different.

Which idlers and belt setup is with your whipple I like that compared to my Lysholm setup...
Old 04-13-2017, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

In Easter fashion it's time to resurrect this thread.

It's been a long time coming but I finally got around to working on my blower inlet. I decided to try opening it up to fit my 102mm throttle body. It worked out pretty good and there was more meat than I thought there'd be. Now I just need to fab up an intake to the air box and retune. I just hope I don't have issues with this thing, I've been hearing these throttle bodies don't like boost.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Awesome build! Just finished reading the thread and I love it.

Have you relocated the rear shocks yet? How about some fresh pics? Most in the thread didn't show up.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, I went back through the thread and re uploaded whatever pics I still had. Imageshack wiped them all out after they made it a paid service.

I haven't relocated the shocks but playing with the settings a bit they seem ok. I've been so busy the last 2 years it's been hard to get time to do things I enjoy, this year I'm making a point to get some work done on this thing.

I've been talking about the 8 rib conversion for ever and have been holding off because of the 35% exchange rate but I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it. I'd like to have that done by memorial weekend.

Here's a pic of the truck before I put it away for the winter last year.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by dick_landy
In Easter fashion it's time to resurrect this thread.

It's been a long time coming but I finally got around to working on my blower inlet. I decided to try opening it up to fit my 102mm throttle body. It worked out pretty good and there was more meat than I thought there'd be. Now I just need to fab up an intake to the air box and retune. I just hope I don't have issues with this thing, I've been hearing these throttle bodies don't like boost.

Looking good, looks like it would be a lot of work to open up the whole inlet to 102. Is there even enough material to do so?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sneaky Silverado