Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

NNBS Lowering Questions answered here

Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NNBS Lowering Questions answered here

We get a lot of questions from forum goers about which suspension to use or what shocks you need. We have answers, well most of the time.

Post your questions here and we will get you pointed in the right direction.

Here is my personal truck

Old 04-24-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice truck Didn't notice the lady until a while
Old 04-25-2014, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

LOL thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 08:53 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Let's talk about rear drop options. I've got a 12' extended cab 2wd with only drop shackles. I'm looking to drop the front with spindles 2" then take the block out of the rear. My concern is that if there's still too much rake how do you go lower than 3" without going flip kit? Do you sell a lot of drop leaf springs? Why does this seem like such an unpopular option? Thanks for the opportunity to ask some newb questions!
Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I could do with some pointing in a direction

2012 gmc 2500 was Duramax 4x4. Torsion Bars. All front 4x4 componentry removed. Now running Gas and 2wd

Im looking at getting front end down app 3 " by any means I can

Nobody I know of makes dropped spindles (I asked McGaughy to make me a custom set, he wouldn't be in it) Nobody I know of makes custom control arms. I can get down a bit but need to go lower than the camber allows for and still have my tyres standing upright

I am considering grafting an early model (04) setup to get available dropped spindles (and the option of bigger brakes as well that also aren't available)

I appreciate any imput you may have. Thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 11:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 20002wdchevy
Let's talk about rear drop options. I've got a 12' extended cab 2wd with only drop shackles. I'm looking to drop the front with spindles 2" then take the block out of the rear. My concern is that if there's still too much rake how do you go lower than 3" without going flip kit? Do you sell a lot of drop leaf springs? Why does this seem like such an unpopular option? Thanks for the opportunity to ask some newb questions!
Spindles are a great option, another option would be the Belltech lowering struts. The 2" shackles with removed block is fairly common. There will be a slight rake with the 2/3 drop. Leaf springs are less than desirable. The lowering leaf does take away from being able to tow and complete the HONEYDO lists at Home Depot. Some people love em and others hate em.

Why are you shying away from the flip kit? There is no cutting of the frame/notch. Just removing the hanger. I can send you over instructions on how to install the flip kit if you would like.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 802cubes
Ok I could do with some pointing in a direction

2012 gmc 2500 was Duramax 4x4. Torsion Bars. All front 4x4 componentry removed. Now running Gas and 2wd

Im looking at getting front end down app 3 " by any means I can

Nobody I know of makes dropped spindles (I asked McGaughy to make me a custom set, he wouldn't be in it) Nobody I know of makes custom control arms. I can get down a bit but need to go lower than the camber allows for and still have my tyres standing upright

I am considering grafting an early model (04) setup to get available dropped spindles (and the option of bigger brakes as well that also aren't available)

I appreciate any imput you may have. Thanks

Totally threw a curve ball at me on this one. I can't recommend a for sure method. I know Belltech makes a spindle for 01-10 HD models but I do not think that would help you. As far as having a spindle made I can't see that being done or if it was it'd be very costly.

Sorry I can't help you much.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TheSuspensionSource
Totally threw a curve ball at me on this one. I can't recommend a for sure method. I know Belltech makes a spindle for 01-10 HD models but I do not think that would help you. As far as having a spindle made I can't see that being done or if it was it'd be very costly.

Sorry I can't help you much.
That's cool. I didn't expect you to. Ive explored every nook and cranny on the planet but you never know if you don't ask

I wouldn't have had such a problem with the Duramax being in there. Problem is this one with the Donovan Alloy Block and all only comes in at 370 kg with Trans. (Its too light! don't hear that often) Big difference to the Duramax and Allison at I recall app 850 kg

I will make something work. Thanks though I appreciate it
Old 04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
FormerVendor

802cubes, let me know if you figure anything out.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I was not aware that I could do the flip kit and not notch the frame.. I have a hard time doing anything other than "boltons" and very minor work on a $38k truck under warranty. But if it's able to be returned to factory then it's very much an option. On most of the flip kits is the pinion angle addressed? My already huge 78" driveshaft won't take any error I'm afraid. Thanks for the quick response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NNBS Lowering Questions answered here