Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Adding pwr fold signal mirrors 08 gmc

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

[QUOTE=01WS6/tamu;4219269]This is for an 08 gmc sle-1 interior. Upgraded to sle-2 with DL3 option.

So do the XM MODULE and REAR PARKING ASSIST MODULE both need replaced to complete this upgrade, or is that only if you don't use the correct VIN for them while re-flashing?
Old 12-17-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Must be replaced they learn VIN one time and will not work after that. Because you have to reflash the bcm with a VIN from a vehicle with powerfold signal mirrors in order for mirrors to work. You then gotta buy the xm and rear parking assist/RVC camera module and be flashed to the VIN used to flash the BCM for the DL3 upgraded mirrors
Old 12-17-2014, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

For those doing this in the future read the stinking thread thoroughly and carefully and every last sentence. It answers every single question and fully details the whole process with no steps left out.
If you don't follow it to the T you will have a mess and a thoroughly screwed up truck.

No you cant use a tech 2 by itself to make any of the programming modifications. Must be done using GM TIS terminal and MDI programming module
Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I know this post is a few years old I'm still want to do this mod looks like @01ws6/Tamu has some knowledge on this but I'm still lost if anyone knows anything more please pm also see below for what I have so far I found my truck is hardwire I already got used programmed master switch from a donor truck I already got a new door harness for my year and new bezel to fit the new master switch and for my truck. when I plug in the new door harness to the truck I get the following power fold option works on my dic dashboard I see a curb tilt on reverse it works but when I try to lock or unlock and roll windows don't work i also have the passenger switch from a donor truck and harness do I need anything else?
I tried a couple dealers when I ask them what I'm trying to do they look at me weird also I add after market stereo do i still need to get a new XM receiver I don't plan on using it on the bcm the one I have will I need to change it? My truck is crew cab please help I know I'm close to being able to complete this mod just want to go the dealer with all the correct information I did found one dealer that said they will reflash my bcm is there anything else please help thank you
Old 04-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Anyone would like to finish this mod please help out tamu if you still around please help me out
Old 04-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Bump just want to make sure I have all the thing and facts before I head in to the dealer
Old 09-24-2017, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thread Resurrection!....LOL

Doing this swap now to my truck and trying to decide between a factory look and an after market look.

I do not currently have the data-bus door harnesses. I will be picking them up along with new door switch modules if I end up going the stock route. If not, I will just install the mirrors and a switch in the console to operate the fold feature.

I own a tech2 so programming the modules is not an issue if I go that route.

Thanks,
      Old 03-29-2020, 01:28 AM
      Teching In

Would this power fold in Mirror feature work on an LS model truck ? Mines a 2011 Silverado LS Regular Cab. Has PW Windows, Locks and Mirrors. I added the PW fold in mirrors with turn signals. Turn signal and adjust works but would like to add the fold in option as well. If anyone can point me to the right direction I’d appreciate it thanks!
      Old 03-31-2020, 10:21 PM
      TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
      Originally Posted by BSANT11
      Would this power fold in Mirror feature work on an LS model truck ? Mines a 2011 Silverado LS Regular Cab. Has PW Windows, Locks and Mirrors. I added the PW fold in mirrors with turn signals. Turn signal and adjust works but would like to add the fold in option as well. If anyone can point me to the right direction I’d appreciate it thanks!
      I doubt it. I have a LT and it didn't have the correct wiring to get the module to work. I went ahead and installed an on/off/on switch, Momentary dpdt (double pole double throw) type. Hard wired the mirror fold power to this switch and pulled 12V from under the dash. Wired the puddle lights into the dome light circuit. It has worked great for years. The cheap mirrors work good... I bought 1 GM mirror and that motor burned out real quick.

Hopefully you can get to the attached Word Document, it has the instructions.
      Attached Files
      File Type: doc
      Old 04-01-2020, 10:47 AM
      Teching In

@KC_kid I have mine wired up pretty much exactly how you have yours I figured it out and a years ago but was just wondering if there was an option to have them wired in like OEM and have the actual Switch on the door panel.

Quick Reply: Adding pwr fold signal mirrors 08 gmc