Old 11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the guys with WTs are SOL,eh?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bad intentions
i have a set of switches with the power fold option for a single cab if anyone is interested i was going to add them to my truck but something came up..
can I see a picture of it, I might be interested
Old 01-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
This is for an 08 gmc sle-1 interior. Upgraded to sle-2 with DL3 option.

Must change door harness' bezels, and swap to a driver door module and passenger door module as opposed to the hardwired switches from the factory.Must locate a VIN for a truck that is the same year model as yours and has the DL3 power fold mirrors. This is necessary to reprogram the new door modules and the BCM so everything will function correctly.
25879083 left mirror
25971917 BCM uplevel option
25838267 right mirror
25788838 door harness
25869957 door harness
15906882 driver door module
15906881 passenger door module

Chunked the boxes for the switch bezels last week.
You can get the DL3 mirror option in a option package with the SLE-2 interior and the non-luxury door panels.

Changed all of those parts. Then I reflashed the BCM, DDM, and PDM to the VIN of a truck that had DL3 option. You then have to reflash the radio also because it is VIN locked to the truck and will lock up with the bcm reflash. If you have XM radio the XM will lock out. There is no way to relearn it you must replace the XM receiver with a new never programed receiver. The new xm module will then learn the vin of the truck with the DL3 option once it is installed and the new receiver setup procedure is done using the tech 2 under the special functions menu. Once the bcm is flashed you have to go to special functions in the bcm and select SDM relearn so the airbag will function.

This gets everything functioning and working front doors lock correctly windows function and mirrors fold operate and turn signals working.

The rear windows is where it gets fun. There are two connectors one in the drivers kick and one in the removable panel at the side of the dash. These connectors were originally routed into the drivers door switch and were plugged into the drivers door harness and contain the window control wires for the rear windows. Everything in the front doors changes to databus with the DL3 modification requiring these wires to now be routed to the BCM into the gray plug marked X7. The rear windows are now under BCM control. I took the original driver door harness and gutted it so I had all of the wires that ran to the x800 and x700 connector and removed all of the wires except for the rear window control wires that is all that is needed now. This let me plug into the factory connectors without having to cut anything. You have to crimp terminals onto the wires in order to slip them into the bcm the part number for the terminals is SNAC3-AO21T. They are located in DELPHI tray number 20. These terminals are part of the essential service tool kit and are available at all gm dealers. I have the special crimpers to crimp them onto the wire it is a three step crimp procedure. The crimp tool number is J-12085271. Plug these new terminals and the wires into the bcm into the positions below in order for the rear windows to work.

Passenger rear door BCM plug gray X7
Purple down control pin 26 at bcm
Lt-grn up control 18 at bcm
lt blue/white window request 27 at bcm

Driver rear door
Purple down control pin 19 at bcm
DK green up control 28 at bcm
DK blue window request 21 at bcm

With the DL3 mirror option added the control wires from both rear switches are now re-routed to the BCM and are under direct control of the BCM.

When you push the LR or RR window up or down button on the drivers door that command is sent to the BCM via serial data, the BCM then sends the command to the appropriate rear window switch which then in turn rolls down the rear window.

This was a hell of a lot of work the customer wanted it and didnt mind paying for it. He is disabled and could not get out of the vehicle to fold the mirrors in and out to get into his narrow garage. I'm not even going to put prices on parts because gm is changing them daily almost these days. I did this it works beautifully dont let anyone tell you it cant be done they just have to be really familiar with TIS and know how to work around it. This is where and when you enter the VIN for the donor vehicle it will then load all of the correct calibrations for every module present in that vehicle you then program the BCM, DDM, and PDM and radio one module at a time. Then clear all codes when done and everything will work correctly. You dont mess with the VIN information in any other modules since it is irrelevant. The PCM, TCM doesnt care what VIN is in the other modules in the vehicle. The BCM and Radio are the only two that have to match in order for the OEM radio to work. Write down the donor number and keep in the glove box it must be used for the rest of the life of the vehicle to keep everything working. If at any point the BCM, RADIO, DDM or PDM are flashed back to the stock vin the added DL3 options will quit working rt window will quit and the door locks will not work.

GOOD LUCK you must have a through understanding of GM wiring schematics and how the components interface for this to work.
i know this thread is old,but i just want to know what did you do to the other plug on the passenger side?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You have to replace the wiring harness and switches on both sides.

Instead of switches with the DL3 option mirrors they use driver and passenger door modules. Essentially a door control module that controls all door functions for that door instead of hardwired circuits like the non DL3 trucks use. The mirrors then plug into the door module in each respective door and all of the mirror functions and window functions are transmitted over the databus from door to door.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

You have to replace the wiring harness and switches on both sides.

Instead of switches with the DL3 option mirrors they use driver and passenger door modules. Essentially a door control module that controls all door functions for that door instead of hardwired circuits like the non DL3 trucks use. The mirrors then plug into the door module in each respective door and all of the mirror functions and window functions are transmitted over the databus from door to door.
Thanks for the quick responded...
i have replaced both door harness + modules. The harness for the passenger with DL3 only came with 2 and the one that equipped with my truck have 3plugs.
After you replaced the factory harness with the Dl3 ,you plug one into the side dash panel and the other is for the side air bag plug. what about the extra one from the factory/what do you do with it?

Also from the switch module, what are those extra color slots are for?

TIA

Ben
Old 01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

You leave the passenger side 3rd plug disconnected that is wiring for the hardwired non-dl3 power mirrors. The additional plug connectors on the door modules are for heated/memory seats so they stay empty
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Teching In

You leave the passenger side 3rd plug disconnected that is wiring for the hardwired non-dl3 power mirrors. The additional plug connectors on the door modules are for heated/memory seats so they stay empty
Awesome, Thank you you sir!!

One last question,
After swapped out all the door harness/modules now my passenger door lock no longer working, i cant open it either from in or outside even though the little lock/unlock **** is in unlock position... Is it normal when you when you do this?

Btw, very helpful and awesome write-up.Thanks a million....
Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

When you manually push pull the lock plunger with your hand it is not working? Then something is not put back together right.

If it works fine by hand but not by button it is because all of the modules for the driver and passenger door modules and the BCm need to be programmed with the correct VIN to enable operation
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

??????? helllloooooooo out there. any updates?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

??????? helllloooooooo out there. any updates?
After replaced all the parts that needed, i took a trip to the dealer to get it flash. Once the BCM/DDM/PDM has been flashed,everything work,both mirrors fold/heated and turn signal also working....
With the new option i now have auto dim ,mirrors tilt when in reverse and passenger one touch auto down.....
Aslo they replaced both driver and passenger door latchs because the cable have a kink in it and that is the reason why i could not open the door ....
But there is a problem with the rear power windows.. i followed the step you wrote for the rear power window ,but it still doesn't work...
*I have 2010 chevy silverado crew LT, i don't know if the wiring harness have changed or not....., Does it needs to get it flash again or the rear harness need to be replace as well?
I try to look in the fusebox to see if there is any blown fuse,but i could not find it in the owner manual...
i only replaced the front both doors harness.modules .. The 2010 BCM on the LT/LTZ have the same BCM with different programming and options....

Last edited by 2010Silvie; 03-18-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Adding pwr fold signal mirrors 08 gmc