Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2008 Escalade 6.2 Awd Busted Motor Mount

Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have fun with it. I think one of my next moves will be a cool relocation kit and custom valve covers to clean up the look. Also have been looking at cutting the inside of the fender where the vent is to make it functional. Just a thought on that one. Lol
Old 03-01-2015, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
Have fun with it. I think one of my next moves will be a cool relocation kit and custom valve covers to clean up the look. Also have been looking at cutting the inside of the fender where the vent is to make it functional. Just a thought on that one. Lol
You mean the front fender vents? That's funny bc I was actually thinking the same thing last night looking at it, lol.

Brakes came in too. All set aside from long tubes
Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Tearing into everything today.

I used to think the #8 plug on an FBody was hard. Had no clue in this SUV I'd have to remove the dipstick as well. (Has to come off anyway for the long tubes...)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

How did everything go for you today? Get it all done?
Old 03-06-2015, 11:10 PM
TECH Veteran

How did everything go for you today? Get it all done?
I got it all done. She sounds AMAZING screaming through the Corsa Sport. Going back to Geoff @ EPS for the retune with the long tubes in the morning. I've got about 12 new codes with the setup as well, all O2 related which I expected.

It takes modifying though... I'm working everything out with Sean at Speed Engineering as we speak.

If he tweaks these the way I hope he will, this will absolutely be the best bang for the buck STAINLESS combo for an SUV out there.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice, post a video if you get a chance.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Videos to come

Got the tune tweaked by Geoff @ EPS today. She's taking a healthy 23 degrees and absolutely loving it with no knock or detonation.

First time I've ever done an "All Wheel Peel" that wasn't an Eclipse GSX.

YEAH, a frickin 7k pound SUV will blow all 4 tires now at a dead stop... And pulls HARD
Old 03-07-2015, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's fun isn't it? Lol which longtubes did you go with? I need to change my muffler and delete the resonator on mine.
i pulled on a stock l99 Camaro a few weeks ago and I ran a '14 Camaro with an ls3 and he didn't come around me until around 80. Lol funny to launch it at 1400rpms and break all of the wheels lose. Glad you like the setup man
Old 03-07-2015, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also everything I've found shows our escalades weigh in at just under 5700lbs.
New srt 8 jeeps are around 5200. Should be interesting lol
Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Well that's good news. Only thing I was worried about was pulling the axle. I never have before and wasn't sure how that boot came off.

I take it that it CAN be done on jack stands then? Tools are no issue at all, but I do t have a lift not access to one.

I'll grab the DEA mounts and hope for the best. I'll be doing the trans mount as well.

It still baffles me that with all the options and supercharger kits and everything that NO ONE has grabbed the bull by the horns and made a damn poly mount for these. The driver side tearing is RIDICULOUSLY common.

I figured while I'm in there I'd grab a set of Speed Engineering long tubes and throw them on. I just hope that Y is gonna work with the Corsa Sport. I believe mine is 3.5" and the Y is 3".

I have a feeling I'll be doing some tig welding unless someone has installed these before and can shed some pointers. Maybe that itself needs its own thread...?
It's fun isn't it? Lol which longtubes did you go with? I need to change my muffler and delete the resonator on mine.
i pulled on a stock l99 Camaro a few weeks ago and I ran a '14 Camaro with an ls3 and he didn't come around me until around 80. Lol funny to launch it at 1400rpms and break all of the wheels lose. Glad you like the setup man
He says Speed Engineering in the quote above yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Escalade 6.2 Awd Busted Motor Mount