Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Vortec 5.3 reliability

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luda 420
I just cant resist flooring it, same goes for my moms 05 escalade, it may be a suv but its quite fast
You need to take it easy on your parents cars, if I was your dad you would be driving a Yugo and thats IT. Your time will come for the respect of powerful cars and trucks...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alot of people act like that around where i live . no matter what they have, if they have a loud exhaust on it they think its fast... or young kids just hammer the hell out of there parents vehicles...for all the reasons i as why???
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok bro, let me tell you something. Its not as cool as you think to rag on a vehicle and spin the tires. There is a time and a place for that! Before you seriously **** up and hit a telephone pole, i would slow down. Do you ever notice that the faster you go, the closer those telephones get together and the harder it would be to miss one if you lose control. Ive lost quite a few friends that way. 16 and driving a bmw m3 or camaro ss for a first vehicle. I bet those parents regret buying them those cars for their first vehicles. Thats not even including all the friends that have got into both serious crashes or fender benders because of being stupid and trying to show off. Its not worth it man. You have too much life ahead of you to throw it all away cause your in a hurry to haul ***. Your time will come! You just need to get some experience under your belt before you start doing what your doing. Then there is always the possibility that its not you that gets hurt but the minivan with the parents and kids coming home from soccer practice. Im only 20 and i have seen alot of accidents in my time with alot of friends. I just dont want to see anyone else go through what they did and for the ones that didnt make it, i dont want you to end up like that. I would say i have a pretty good head on my shoulders for my age. I just hope you actually read what people are saying on here and slow down before someone gets hurt.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luda 420
that sucks, why do they do that, is it so punks like me wont go around driving over 100mph , or what?

No they do that because the OEM tires are not rated to handle higher speeds than that consistantly.

Dude with an attitude like yours you are going to kill youself so quick. I don't want to say the world would be a better place were that to happen, but it is people like you that make my insurance so high....
Old 11-10-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

No ****! Im paying 220 a month with nothing on my record and under my parents name so its cheaper. It would be like 340+ a month in my own name. Why.... because of imature kids that do what hes doing and give the younger crowd a bad rap. No wonder why the insurance prices dont drop till 25 yrs old.

I hope more people let this kid know whats up before he learns the hard way or kills someone from driving like that. With his attitude, he shouldnt be driving anything besides his nikes!!

Not trying to be a dick but its true!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Even though you guys are kind of talking ****, thanks for the advice, im going to have thinking more about the way i drive. besides I dont want to **** up my parents cars and im not inmature, I would call myself enthusiastic
Old 11-10-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

It is very true, I lost a good friend at the age of 17 due to being supped and having a fast car. This needs not to happen agin, like I said your time will come......
Old 11-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Staging Lane

Theres no way im driving one of them ricer cars! , but seriously thanks for the advice, oh yeah where I live everybody drives like a dumbass,there are so many mexicans here with there little $500 cars always trying to race my dad, especially my mom. every time she pulls up to one of those in a red light with her escalade they stare at her rev up their cars and off they go with their big *** mexican hats on and everything. And if you think im a dumbass you should check out all the kids that drive to my school, now they are dumbasses. And I know this sounds stupid but I have been driving for three years now and feel pretty capable of driving. But I know I still need more expirience. again, thanks for the advice
Old 11-11-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I know plenty of people that are pretty good drivers for their age that have gotten into some pretty bad wrecks. People aggravate me about the way I drive in city traffic and I realize that they're right and I get aggressive at times. I'm 20 so yeah I know the age group and how I drive and how my friends drive and the mentality of a teenager. This also makes me understand why insurance rates are so damn high for the 16-25 age group; guys especially. Be careful and pay attention; I know the feeling of thinking you're a good driver but it don't take much to seriously f*ck things up at speed because you're reaction times are nowhere as good as you might think.

Quick Reply: Vortec 5.3 reliability