Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

power window conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Did you ever get your conversion done?

Originally Posted by chacalosa81
yesterday i tool it to the dealership to have it flashed. tech said it was not connecting to the doors that I need the DDM and PDM. So i went to junkyard got the use block on the driver side and and passenger side. The doors i got are complete. pretty much hung the doors on and plugged the harness to the side fuse blocks before i even took it up there. It had the door switches plugged in and all. Don's know why they asked for the DDM & PDM if from what i understand the door switches are it. Running the power wire from the fuse box under the hood then where does the other end go? I was hoping this would not be so damn complicated. I wonder if what other mean by the V8 harness maybe having the power wire you speak of?
I am curious to know if you got it done?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tpartsman
I recently picked up a 01 V6 that already had a v8 swap in it, my question is what all it takes to convert my manual windows and locks to power?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Default 2001 is simple

Originally Posted by slow_01
I recently picked up a 01 V6 that already had a v8 swap in it, my question is what all it takes to convert my manual windows and locks to power?
We have already covered 99-01 look in previous posts.
The following users liked this post:
slow_01 (05-10-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Default never saw this

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
so there should be plugs under the dash that the door harness plugs into?
The driver side is directly in the fuse box (brown plug) in the driver dash. 99-02 should have a junction block inside passenger dash take the little cover off same thing applies to driver side.
I have been driving my new truck, already has factory 5.3 and power everything the hot rod is just sitting.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tpartsman
Hey man are you still around this forum? I got some questions for you
Old 12-04-2017, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Default I am here!

Originally Posted by Ulisses
Hey man are you still around this forum? I got some questions for you
I had some success this weekend.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default I had some success this weekend.

I am going to upload some more photos when I get some better door panels.
I was able to implement 99-02 switches and door panels into my 2003 Silverado. I identified only the necessary wires to run the power windows from the 99-02 door harness which is thick green wire(+from 25 amp circuit breaker) thick black wire (ground) the smaller black wires (grounds also), the light blue and tan wires and obviously the window motor harness dk blue and brown (thicker wires with plug to motor) . I will say I tried and tried but had no success getting the illumination to work I assume the bulbs are burned out in my switches. That is fine with me I will do led upgrade later. I also did not try to figure out how to get the 99-02 door lock switch to work the 2003 door locks.
Attached Thumbnails power window conversion-img_20171203_095952851%5B1%5D.jpg   power window conversion-img_20171203_102513153%5B1%5D.jpg   power window conversion-img_20171203_102522038%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default Bare Bones Power Window Conversion 99-02 or use 99-02 parts.

As stated the most simple way to go. No mirrors lights or locks are covered in this simple swap. I used 99-02 Silverado RCSB door harness from the junk yard. I started by unwrapping the harness and cutting off the wiring that I knew I was not going to use. Mirror,courtesy light,door latch ect. I was left with a bundle of wires, I then referred to a wire diagram, the diagram showed me the thick green wire is the wire that comes from the 25 amp circuit breaker.I hooked all remaining black wires to the main thick ground wire I was not taking any chances.The diagram also showed me the light blue and tan wires(be careful the harness does have another tan wire in it). I got out my trusty jump box and as a test I hooked all the grounds to jump box and the thick green wires to the power side of jump box, I connected the tan wire from the driver side switch to the tan on the passenger switch and did the same for the light blue.I connected my multi meter to the power window motor connector and hit the switch sure enough it read 12 volts, I did the same for the passenger side.I knew it work then so, I ran a 10 gauge power wire from the battery to a 25 amp circuit breaker. I then twisted two 10 gauge(red and black what I had at the house) wires together and two 18 gauge(yellow and blue what I had at the house) wires together, then electrical taped them together like a factory harness, these four wires were later routed under the dash from driver side to passenger side. I added my stripped down power window harness to my existing harness ( I removed my harness from door and did this outside the vehicle it sure makes passing the wire through the door jam boot easier).I then connected the green wire to my added in power(red) wire and the black to my black (ground)wire. I had yellow and blue wire at the house so I connected the tan to to the yellow and the blue to the light blue.So very simple Power=Thick green wire all Black are grounded to thick black wire.Tan and blue connect the switches together. I grounded the wires to the under hood ground on firewall where the hood grounds to. I felt most comfortable with this because grounding to the cab is not reliable. P.S. I didn't take any photos of passenger side( it was getting late) but the procedure is the same.
Attached Thumbnails power window conversion-img_20171204_134827053%5B1%5D.jpg