Old 06-08-2016, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry its actually a V6, not a V8
Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What was it to begin with?

Originally Posted by chacalosa81
Hi, new to this forum. actually 1st time being part of a forum. I am trying to install the power windows on to my son's 2003 silverado v8. It was damaged by a tornado around Christmas week. I have installed the complete door from a 2005 silverado extended cab v8. Took it to the dealership and paid 98.00. Then was told that i need it the newer PDM and DDM from a newer truck. So i bought them But after reading up on them think that is not going to make all the power locks, mirrors and windows work. Any help or Advice??
What was to begin with power or manual?
Old 06-08-2016, 08:19 AM

Its originally a v6 manual.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Default 03-06 Power window swap.

Its originally a v6 manual.
You will need bcm flashed to power windows.You will need factory wiring harness and regulators. You will need interior fuse box drivers side, you will need to run a power wire to fuse box, you will need the correct door switches left and right side GM calls them ddm and pdm driver door module, passenger door module. I am yet to complete my factory swap and still use aftermarket switches.
I can not understand why people talk about the V8 engine harness it has no effect on the power windows.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:39 AM

yesterday i tool it to the dealership to have it flashed. tech said it was not connecting to the doors that I need the DDM and PDM. So i went to junkyard got the use block on the driver side and and passenger side. The doors i got are complete. pretty much hung the doors on and plugged the harness to the side fuse blocks before i even took it up there. It had the door switches plugged in and all. Don's know why they asked for the DDM & PDM if from what i understand the door switches are it. Running the power wire from the fuse box under the hood then where does the other end go? I was hoping this would not be so damn complicated. I wonder if what other mean by the V8 harness maybe having the power wire you speak of?
Old 06-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Default forget v6 v8 that does not matter promise you.

yesterday i tool it to the dealership to have it flashed. tech said it was not connecting to the doors that I need the DDM and PDM. So i went to junkyard got the use block on the driver side and and passenger side. The doors i got are complete. pretty much hung the doors on and plugged the harness to the side fuse blocks before i even took it up there. It had the door switches plugged in and all. Don's know why they asked for the DDM & PDM if from what i understand the door switches are it. Running the power wire from the fuse box under the hood then where does the other end go? I was hoping this would not be so damn complicated. I wonder if what other mean by the V8 harness maybe having the power wire you speak of?
What is the date on the door or the part number off window switch aka ddm?
forget v6 and v8 I promise it has nothing to do with power windows.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Default The power wire will..

Originally Posted by tpartsman
What is the date on the door or the part number off window switch aka ddm?
forget v6 and v8 I promise it has nothing to do with power windows.
The power wire will connect to the battery or the positive post in the under hood fuse box.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:08 AM

I will look at the date on the switches when i get home from work later today. On the power wire where does the other end go? By the way thanks for replying and all your help bud.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

I will look at the date on the switches when i get home from work later today. On the power wire where does the other end go? By the way thanks for replying and all your help bud.
The power wire will connect to the battery or the positive post in the under hood fuse box.
I want the production date on the door or the part number on the switch. I need to determine what you are working with to begin with.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Here is the diagram hope you can see it.

Quick Reply: power window conversion