Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Need help with my 6.0 swap in a 98 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tc torque converter or traction control? Don't think it has traction control. Do not care about a.c. but do need the gauges to work. Looking for the best cost effective way and easy way to get it to run. I'm pretty good with wiring if I know what I'm looking at. Stand-alone is an option but open to other ideas
Old 02-06-2017, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
The OP did mention standalone, and no one except you mentioned anything about TC, AC and cluster. I mentioned my crawler, which has absolutely none of the above, and the OP didnt seem all too interested in any of it except stand alone.
Fair enough. OP.. maybe further describe what you want to do with the swap. Going standalone is easy. Making everything work in your 98 is not difficult.. just time consuming. That was more the point I'm trying to make...
Old 02-06-2017, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beast98
Tc torque converter or traction control? Don't think it has traction control. Do not care about a.c. but do need the gauges to work. Looking for the best cost effective way and easy way to get it to run. I'm pretty good with wiring if I know what I'm looking at. Stand-alone is an option but open to other ideas
I apologize. I meant cruise control. Those were just things off the top of my head that I could think of that needed to be addressed if you wanted to keep all the functions of your current setup.

Best place start is to lt1swap.com as stated above. There is also a Facebook group called OBS/LSX Swap. Join them if you have facebook. There's alot of good information there along with some decent articles and stickies.

There is some good stuff here as well:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070214...sa%20Tahoe.pdf
Old 02-06-2017, 04:42 PM

Thanks for all the info. I'm looking into a stand alone harness now due to there's a lot I don't want or need so think it might be best
Old 02-07-2017, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

You're very welcome. Sounds like a plan!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:48 PM

Default 6.0 conversion in 2000 5 sp silverado

Hoping I am in the right place on this site. I bought a 2000 6.0 to transplant in place of a 4.3. I am aware that I will need a lot of modifying to make it work. My question is this-my 2000 Silverado has 4 wheel drive with a 5 speed manual transmission. Will this 6.0 bolt up to the 5 speed transmission either stock - or with a adapter plate/bellhousing? Where would I locate such an adapter if necessary? The stock transmission is >>>>Exact PowerTrain T5LM604399T4 <<<< I would like to keep the stock 5 speed so as not to have to rework the 4 wheel drive system. The truck won't be used for pulling or off-roading/climbing-just a street toy/daily driver. Any info would be greatly accepted and appreciated.