Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

LsxRT intake concerns / LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Dormans replacement cathedral intake is a 3 bolt TB copy of the Fast truck intake. Might consider that as an option also.
i had already picked up the tbss intake. Thanks tho
Old 02-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 F.A.S.T. lsxrt intake, one on an 03 1500hd and one on my 01 Tahoe, I bought the first one new and after all was said and done I spent close to $1800 after throttle body, gaskets, injector adapters, orings, rail adapters, I even bought their rails but there weren't any fuel line adapters for their rails when I bought them so I bought the stock rail adapters, traded the rails for some 243s, and then you have to drill tap cut and modify a $1000 intake to make it work, it is really nerve racking. I bought the 2nd one completely done already for $500 with rails, adapters, injectors and all, but I still had to modify the alternator bracket to fit steam pipe behind it, and since mine is drive by cable I had to make extensions for the cables to reach the throttle body. luckily I knew what I was getting into with the 2nd intake after doing the first one. If I ever do another intake it will be a tbss ported for less than the fast and it will almost direct bolt on anything with a drive by wire throttle body. That is my 2cents. I feel the difference in power, and it looks great. But in the end it is up to you on what you are looking for power and budget wise. Hope this helps
Old 02-25-2017, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Yup. I had to do the same with the steam pipe and cutting the alt bracket. I had to redo my stock fuel line. The fast cross over doesn't even fit right. Had to do a lot of wire rerouting. Tons of stuff needed to make a FAST truck intake to work.