GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Its been a minute but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Its been a minute but...

I'm back!

well i've been out of the truck game the last few years switched over to corvette's on my 2nd c5 zo6 since i sold my 04 6.0 swap RCSB. zo6 is fast as hell (mid 10's) fun for sure but really missed having a nice sport truck so i just picked up a stock 04 4.8 RCSB silverado from Houston, Tx have a bunch of plans for it, I have a 6.2 out of a denali i want to stuff in it and boost LSA? Turbo? no sure witch one to go with?

Going to leave the engine alone over the winter, probably lower it soon as i can fund it and put some 20's on it

with a 4/6 drop you guys having clearance problems? whats size tire can be ran with out any fender contact?

meet Lucylou (yeah chrome fender lips, mirror caps and billit is all going)

Old 12-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like a solid starting point, welcome back!!
Old 12-11-2016, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Looks like a solid starting point, welcome back!!
thanks!

i looked for a little while here in the chicago area and every thing i looked and was rust victims so i started looking south i actually ran to Houston for a different truck but once i seen it in person decided it was not the truck for me and started looking around next day bought this one original paint pretty straight body (one dent i have to get PDR'ed) but over all a nice starting point
Old 12-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice starting point. Same scenario I went through, had a RSCB and sold it, went the F-body route then sold it, now back to the RCSB, but thinking of selling it. Besides lowering mine I have done very little and have more parts than time to install.

Finding a GMT800 in Chicagoland area that is not destroyed by rust or the common owners that purchase them around here is near impossible.

Took me a while to find mine.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...sb-4wd-543710/
Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

LJ93Z28GM, that's a nice looking truck!

yeah lately i just find my self modding cars then selling them once i run out of mods lol before i'd hold on to cars and trucks 5+ years before i sold them, since i cant drive my corvette in the winter i've been stuck with my diesel f350 crew cab flatbed for a daily and that got old real quick to big to put around in when i'm not working and i wanted another RCSB to boost. i've been loosing the feeling for the zo6 i do enjoy it but the clutch thing is wearing me out and my wife has a back issue so it hard for her to get in and out of it so i might keep it now that i have the truck not sure

what part of shi-raq you from?
Old 12-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope that F350 is a newer one that gets warm and has heat in the winter.

Thanks for kind words on the truck. I have put less than a thousand miles on it is my best guess. I do not drive it in the winter due to fear of rust. Kinda odd since it is 4wd. I guess if I have an emergency it is nice to have a spare 4wd vehicle. The previous owner took really good care of by having it as a weekend vehicle.

In term of motorsports, two kids is what slowed myself down, remodeling a home, and overtime at work has also been good the last couple of years.

In terms of the city, I stay out of it except for taking the kids to the museums and 9 months of work last year working across the street from the united center. Great neighborhood

I am in the northwest suburbs, 60004.

The hard part for me keeping the truck is I would like to purchase another vehicle and this one is taking up my garage space. Also a regular cab renders the truck useless for transporting the kids if I am driving it.

I am guessing that texas truck has some miles on it, but has no rust and if it does it is just pale dusty rust compared to the chunky scale rust we have.

I flew down to Tennessee a couple of years ago with a budy with intention on driving back a 99' 2dr 2wd tahoe. Seller turned out to have a colorful sense of vehicle condition versus the truth, pics were deceptive. Stayed a day looking for anything else that caught my eye, but no luck. Drank a bunch that night, sobered up and rented a car to drive home it. Was memorable, but a let down.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

2006 f350 heats amazing in that truck i got out medium-well a few time lol

pics i got sent i dont even think it was the same truck! when i asked the guy why didnt he send me pics of all this other stuff he said the price is what we agreed to i looked at him and laugh he asked what so funny i told him i'm not trying to get it cheaper i dont even want it

i sold my 87 silverado after 12 years since it just didnt get driven hardly any more about 400 miles in last 5 years of owning it less then 5k total in the time i owned it my sons wanted it but it was a hand full i think chris craft designed the suspension lol so they never got the keys to it and they use to drive me nutz about taking it so one day i just put it for sale

i acually looked at two 2 door 2wd tahoe's before i bought this truck while i was there but they was very neglected and priced high
Old 12-12-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

was able to get it in my friends shop today, I washed, clay bar'd and compounded the paint looking a lot better need to wax and polish probably do it tomorrow. changed the oil and coolant also got rid of the fender trim and chrome caps

pretty pleased with it