Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Intermittent WOT Launch Issue and DTC c0035 related?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent WOT Launch Issue and DTC c0035 related?

A while back my truck started doing something strange during a WOT launch or WOT rolling around 10mph. Only notice this issue in 1st gear. It launches like normal, starting to spin the tires, then feels as if I back off the throttle then around 4000rpms it feels like it is back at WOT. Reminds me of a friend of mines Vette if you launch it with the traction control on. It only happens sometimes.

I cleaned the MAF and TB but it didn't help. I thought something was up with the predator tune and I was having an issue with Torque Management. I took my truck to a friend of mine and was able to reproduce the problem while data logging with HPT and it looked like it was torque management. We removed the predator tune and tune it with HPT, went for a ride and the problem seemed to be gone. Well on the way home it did it again. I went back to his shop and was able to reproduce the problem but everything looked normal on the data log and no codes. I went back to his shop on Friday and now it is showing c0035 LF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction. No lights on dash came on even though it is showing this code.

This code got me thinking, the issue does kind of feel like the brakes are being applied lightly during a WOT launch. It seems this all started after I had the rotors, pads, drums, shoes, and inner tie rods replaced. I had alignment done after the inner tie rods were replaced. Also in the last couple weeks I've noticed a clunking noise that I can feel in the floor board where my left foot is while driving. The noise seems to be coming from the left front suspension, mainly here it on rough roads.

I'm thinking that the clunking noise and the c0035 code are related, but I'm not sure if the WOT Launch issue is also related. I haven't been able to find much information about that c0035 code besides saying that it will turn on ABS light or may cause issues when braking. Can it cause intermittent problems such as the one I'm having with WOT Launches? I'm going to bring it to my father-n-law's mechanic shop sometime this week to get it checked out.

Last edited by three83; 07-07-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: used the enter key as suggested by parke10
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
12 Second Truck Club

check out your brake caliper bolts
Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tho I had no problem reading that, alot of guys will, next time please atleast use the Enter key. I wish i had an answer to your problem.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Parke10
Tho I had no problem reading that, alot of guys will, next time please atleast use the Enter key. I wish i had an answer to your problem.
It was late last night when I typed this and I haven't slept much in the last few days because my 10 month old daughter has pneumonia. Just wanted to get it posted and go to bed. I fixed it up a little, should be easier to read now.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Put the scanner on my truck and it is no longer show the c0035 code. It was there last friday and wouldn't clear out.

I then pulled the left front tire off and found that the hex head bolt near the wheel studs had backed out. Tighten it back up. Everything else looked ok.

I'm still hearing some noise from the front left side but the sound changed now it sounds kinda like a loose body mount. WOT issue is still happening. I pulled some info from ALLDATA on testing the wheel sensor. I'm wondering if I have a loose body mount, if this is causing a ground issue?