Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Intank walbro 255lph for 04 silverado. Do i have the right one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Intank walbro 255lph for 04 silverado. Do i have the right one?

I have been searching for hours and there are hundreds of threads on fuel pumps but i havent found anything for the returnless systems. There are several walbros available and I'm wondering if i have the right one for the returnless fuel system. I was doing a lot of searching and saw a few people say that there is a pump that is a simple swap for the 04+ trucks so i am wondering if i have the right one? I bought it from a friend and the part number on it says gss340. Is there a write up for the returnless fuel system?

Here are some pics of the pump that i have. Do i have everything i need? Thanks!

Old 07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks like everything.

i have a write up for return style, not sure the difference in the returnless
search Walbro intank write up
or on my profile

replace the clear line in the tank with some high pressure line with stainless clamps.
mine had a pinhole leak and was losing pressure.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea that looks right. Look on magnachargers website for installation manual for the "radix retro" 2003-2006. Pages 4-14.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thing that i'm wondering most about is the bottom of the fuel pump. From pics that i've seen the 04+ have some kind of venturi and dont use the sock?

I was looking on the magnacharger website but it doesnt really say much about the bottom of the pump and sock. It also says something about grounding the pump that i am not sure about as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump need to know asap. Anyone know about the bottom of the pump?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just installed the same pump in my 05. I searched all over, and finally found the diagram after I had already installed it in my truck. I found the diagram in the Magnacharger instructions for the 03-06 (they were not in the Joe Gibbs instructions that I downloaded, so I assumed they were not in the other ones). This is NOT a retunless style pump, and you need to use a return. The factory return in your tank will work if you follow Magnachargers instructions. The sock will not fit in the bucket where the original sock fit. I drilled a hole in the bottom of mine, and my sock is between the bottom of my bucket and the bottom of the tank. The hose will not work to loop around to the original regulator filter assembly, and you will need to run one like the Magnacharger instructions. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gss340 is the one you want !!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I just installed the same pump in my 05. I searched all over, and finally found the diagram after I had already installed it in my truck. I found the diagram in the Magnacharger instructions for the 03-06 (they were not in the Joe Gibbs instructions that I downloaded, so I assumed they were not in the other ones). This is NOT a retunless style pump, and you need to use a return. The factory return in your tank will work if you follow Magnachargers instructions. The sock will not fit in the bucket where the original sock fit. I drilled a hole in the bottom of mine, and my sock is between the bottom of my bucket and the bottom of the tank. The hose will not work to loop around to the original regulator filter assembly, and you will need to run one like the Magnacharger instructions. Let me know if you need any help.
I dont understand what you mean about the return in my tank?

So i do have the right pump?
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is what my bucket looks like. I cant seem to figure out how to get the stock pump out. I tried pressing the 3 clips but it does not budge. My bucket looks different than any of the pics i've found online here and in the magnacharger instructions. Should i drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket and instal the sock?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

You need to separate the bottom part of the bucket from the whole assembly. There should be 3 retaining clips along the top edge which you can use some small flat head screwdrivers to pry up.

Start on page 9, http://www.magnusonproducts.com/pdf/...RetroTruck.pdf

Last edited by Atomic; 07-20-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Intank walbro 255lph for 04 silverado. Do i have the right one?