Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Help!! 2000 Silvy 5.3 Power Steering Pump Extra Bolt Hole??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! 2000 Silvy 5.3 Power Steering Pump Extra Bolt Hole??

Wrapping up the motor performance mods but I've got 1 question before I press the power steering pulley back on.

There's a threaded bolt hole in the lowest driver side face of the pump that just hangs out in space. I didn't disassemble it so I'm not sure if it should be that way. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?? This is the 2005/2006 hydro-boost pump that came off of a heavy or a Burban....

Also, there's a piece that got blasted clean, painted, has one bolt hole in it. It's definitely a ?shield? of some sort that looks like what I would imagine organizes hose routing or offers protection to hoses??

I've researched this extensively and can't find any diagramming that shows what it is or where it goes...

HELP....

Thanks, V1
Old 06-20-2015, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

The bolt hole is for that bracket/shield that was painted for the wiring that is routed under the front of the engine. The wiring runs down from the side of the pump
Old 06-21-2015, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99LsSilverado
The bolt hole is for that bracket/shield that was painted for the wiring that is routed under the front of the engine. The wiring runs down from the side of the pump
Awesome... I didn't do the dis assembly of the PS. Done by a buddy of mine. Everything was bagged and tagged. Hate it when there's parts left over and threaded holes with no bolts.

Problem solved!! Thanks!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Velocity1
Awesome... I didn't do the dis assembly of the PS. Done by a buddy of mine. Everything was bagged and tagged. Hate it when there's parts left over and threaded holes with no bolts.

Problem solved!! Thanks!
Spoke too soon... I cannot for the life of me figure out the correct location for this tube or the main harness, including Batt + routing thru this piece that's designed I'm sure to consolidate these cables and rout them away from exhaust heat. Can anybody direct me a diagram or picture work that would help?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Exclamation

Spoke too soon... I cannot for the life of me figure out the correct location for this tube or the main harness, including Batt + routing thru this piece that's designed I'm sure to consolidate these cables and rout them away from exhaust heat. Can anybody direct me a diagram or picture work that would help?

Thanks!
Bump for help...
Can anyone explain in simple terms how and where this wire bracket bolts onto the back, front or engine block? Im stuck.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Exclamation

Bump for help...
Can anyone explain in simple terms how and where this wire bracket bolts onto the back, front or engine block? Im stuck.
Still haven't resolved the location issue of the tubular / rectangular front engine harness guide attach point on the power steering pump. Maybe it's confusing because I upgraded to Hydro-boost and it doesn't look the same? Got my Speed Engineering Long tubes ready to install and would like to install this wire harness bracket prior to putting them on.

Can anyone send me a picture of their bracket and how it's mounted? Certainly would appreciate the help!

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a wiring bracket, my wires just run behind the pump. You may be looking at the (missing) right angle bracket that secures the back of the pump to the side of the block.