Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Electric Fans - Pin 33

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Electric Fans - Pin 33

Can anyone confirm that pin 33 of an 03 PCM will control HIGH Speed of electric fans? I need to re-do my nelson wiring harness. May as well get the high speed control to the PCM if it works.

TIA for any info.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I am pretty sure the 03 and 04 are the same. I did it on my 04....

Here is the thread.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ighlight=efans

Hopefully your using EFI Live, cause HPtuners does not have the AC pressure adjust needed to control the second fan correctly....
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8858
Old 01-07-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 04 computer does. just know that it comes on in addition to pin 42. the pcm turns the first one on for low and both for high.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I am pretty sure the 03 and 04 are the same. I did it on my 04....

Here is the thread.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ighlight=efans

Hopefully your using EFI Live, cause HPtuners does not have the AC pressure adjust needed to control the second fan correctly....
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8858
Thanks Corey, I do have HPT this and a couple other things make me wish I had gone with EFI Live. I'll try it and it will be what it is as far as the AC control pressures. Guess I could put in a manual switch if it if the AC starts getting hot in traffic or something.

Went through your thread also. I have the exact wiring diagram printed out.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Thanks Corey, I do have HPT this and a couple other things make me wish I had gone with EFI Live. I'll try it and it will be what it is as far as the AC control pressures. Guess I could put in a manual switch if it if the AC starts getting hot in traffic or something.

Went through your thread also. I have the exact wiring diagram printed out.
No problem man, check out this post on the HPTuner thread I posted.

Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
Any body in need of this please email support at hptuners.com with your serial number & a subject line of AC pressure adjust for fans along with your .hpt file and I will issue you a beta version as soon as it is ready for your operating system.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Time to tear something up.
Attached Thumbnails Electric Fans - Pin 33-hptbeta.jpg  
Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Resident Retard

Time to tear something up.

SWEET!! So you got one of the new development tunes? I logged AC pressures to get my AC really cold, the factory 05+ settings don't get the AC that cold IMO... Post up on how you like it
Old 01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
SWEET!! So you got one of the new development tunes? I logged AC pressures to get my AC really cold, the factory 05+ settings don't get the AC that cold IMO... Post up on how you like it
Yeah a beta version. E-mailed support@hpt per the thread you posted. Bill had it sent back in like a day. Now if I can get my transient fueling I requested 3 months ago I'd be perfectly happy I put the AC PSI identical to yours to start. I like cold AC. It will be a while before I get them hooked up. But will post up when I do. Have to make a new or re-do the harness. Not real motivated right now.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yep, pin 33 is high, which I think is already covered here. You mentioned putting in a manual switch, thats what I did with my installation. There is a switch on my dash, and if I push it one fan will turn on high regardless if the engine is on or off. If both fans are on low anyone, then both will turn on high. I did this by using a fourth relay in addition to the 3 already in the diagram (made my harness exactly the same way). I can connect the other fan to the relay no problem if I want both on to cool off the engine bay if im going to work on there simply by connecting the other way to the 87a pin of the relay.

Good luck

Last edited by Atomic; 01-09-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Resident Retard

Yeah a beta version. E-mailed support@hpt per the thread you posted. Bill had it sent back in like a day. Now if I can get my transient fueling I requested 3 months ago I'd be perfectly happy I put the AC PSI identical to yours to start. I like cold AC. It will be a while before I get them hooked up. But will post up when I do. Have to make a new or re-do the harness. Not real motivated right now.
That is some great customer service! BTW do you need another PCM pin, i have a few extra.

Quick Reply: Electric Fans - Pin 33