Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

04 silverado ac problems

Old 10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 silverado ac problems

So the problem is that the ac is acting funny. If the ac is set to cold on both sides if will blow hot on one side and cold on the other are vice versa, what would cause it to do this? Would it be the ac control box on the dash or something else.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You may need to have the A/C module calibrated.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrgoodwrench3
You may need to have the A/C module calibrated.
the truck hasnt been driven for about a month, so battery was dead, jumped it off and it has been acting like this since. I have had this problem before but it has usally worked its self out.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I found when my battery went dead is that they a/c system needed to cycle a bit, ie have the truck run and then turned off, for the a/c/ to establish it's parameters as far as the blend control doors go.

It was really weird when I first reinstalled my battery, cause almost instantly, on cold a/c settings it'd be blowing hot outta both. Then it slowly cured itself by staying on cold for longer and longer after I kept shutting off the truck and turning it back on. Sometimes it'd blow cold on the driver and hot on the passenger or vice versa without any rhyme or reason, but eventually it got to where it'd stay at the desired temp setting.

It seems kinda dumb, but that's the only thing I could think of. Without the constant power supply from the battery, its like the blend actuators forgot what their min and max values were as far as cold and hot blending parameters.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PathfinderJr
What I found when my battery went dead is that they a/c system needed to cycle a bit, ie have the truck run and then turned off, for the a/c/ to establish it's parameters as far as the blend control doors go.

It was really weird when I first reinstalled my battery, cause almost instantly, on cold a/c settings it'd be blowing hot outta both. Then it slowly cured itself by staying on cold for longer and longer after I kept shutting off the truck and turning it back on. Sometimes it'd blow cold on the driver and hot on the passenger or vice versa without any rhyme or reason, but eventually it got to where it'd stay at the desired temp setting.

It seems kinda dumb, but that's the only thing I could think of. Without the constant power supply from the battery, its like the blend actuators forgot what their min and max values were as far as cold and hot blending parameters.
Cool man thanks, I hope it does work its self out because it is a little agrevating. But anyways thanks for the advice.