Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryUsed CarsGarageStore
Welcome to PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 3
TECH Enthusiast

Default 04 silverado ac problems

So the problem is that the ac is acting funny. If the ac is set to cold on both sides if will blow hot on one side and cold on the other are vice versa, what would cause it to do this? Would it be the ac control box on the dash or something else.

06 tbss. Stock for now....
blue0453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 0
TECH Enthusiast

You may need to have the A/C module calibrated.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgoodwrench3 View Post
You may need to have the A/C module calibrated.
the truck hasnt been driven for about a month, so battery was dead, jumped it off and it has been acting like this since. I have had this problem before but it has usally worked its self out.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
Trader Rating: 6
TECH Enthusiast

What I found when my battery went dead is that they a/c system needed to cycle a bit, ie have the truck run and then turned off, for the a/c/ to establish it's parameters as far as the blend control doors go.

It was really weird when I first reinstalled my battery, cause almost instantly, on cold a/c settings it'd be blowing hot outta both. Then it slowly cured itself by staying on cold for longer and longer after I kept shutting off the truck and turning it back on. Sometimes it'd blow cold on the driver and hot on the passenger or vice versa without any rhyme or reason, but eventually it got to where it'd stay at the desired temp setting.

It seems kinda dumb, but that's the only thing I could think of. Without the constant power supply from the battery, its like the blend actuators forgot what their min and max values were as far as cold and hot blending parameters.

04 1500 - 4.8/6-spd, Arrival Blue - Hotchkis 2/4, and some other mods here and there
05 1500HD - 6.0/80E and box stock slow
PathfinderJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathfinderJr View Post
What I found when my battery went dead is that they a/c system needed to cycle a bit, ie have the truck run and then turned off, for the a/c/ to establish it's parameters as far as the blend control doors go.

It was really weird when I first reinstalled my battery, cause almost instantly, on cold a/c settings it'd be blowing hot outta both. Then it slowly cured itself by staying on cold for longer and longer after I kept shutting off the truck and turning it back on. Sometimes it'd blow cold on the driver and hot on the passenger or vice versa without any rhyme or reason, but eventually it got to where it'd stay at the desired temp setting.

It seems kinda dumb, but that's the only thing I could think of. Without the constant power supply from the battery, its like the blend actuators forgot what their min and max values were as far as cold and hot blending parameters.
Cool man thanks, I hope it does work its self out because it is a little agrevating. But anyways thanks for the advice.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 2004, ac, air, blend, blowing, calibration, chevy, conditioner, hot, instantly, moduel, problem, problems, silverado, temp