Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL MOTORS SPECIFIC FORUMS > GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Performance Trucks!
Welcome to Performance Trucks,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
Trader Rating: 0
Teching In

Question 03 Chevy Dash Cluster Problems

Hey Guys,
I know this my be an old discussion question, but I need some help. I have an 03 Silverado, got in it to go somewhere and looked down after driving about a mile and nothing on my dash worked. I mean no speedo,no tach, no fuel guage, no oil oil gauge, no nothing, every needle is sitting to the left as if the ignition is off. All of my dash lights are working and the truck is running fine. Any info will be help. Thanks in advance. Oh, and anyone know a ballpark figure to fix this.
RKRJ11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:51 AM   #2
Trader Rating: 7
Where's the Beef?

Send a message via MSN to viciousknid Send a message via Yahoo to viciousknid

sounds like a fuse.

To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate.
viciousknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Trader Rating: 28
TECH Junkie

GM is mailing out warranty letters about the 03 gauge clusters. They have been having all kinds of issues with them. Call GM and see if you are covered; it's a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty. Hope it works out for you.
2003 Tahoe Z71 5.3 FlexFuel: Radix MP112 10psi, GT2-3 cam, CTS-V h/e, LPP LT's, Walbro 450, FIC 75#'ers, Wheatley E85 tune, Century Stage 4 4L60E, 300mm 2400 Circle D, '05 fans, 22" Magnaflow, Hotchkis sways, panhard bar, trailing arms, Edelbrock IAS, 3.73s, Yukon LSD, hydroboost, '07 brakes
TX Tahoe Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:01 AM   #4
Trader Rating: 7
Where's the Beef?

Send a message via MSN to viciousknid Send a message via Yahoo to viciousknid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71 View Post
GM is mailing out warranty letters about the 03 gauge clusters. They have been having all kinds of issues with them. Call GM and see if you are covered; it's a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty. Hope it works out for you.
That problem was supposedly just a Speedo and Fuel gauge problem, but it Could be the same thing.

To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate.
viciousknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Trader Rating: 13
TECH Addict

Send a message via MSN to Torque_Wrench

Sounds like the cluster to me!
2006 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab: Mostly stock this time around! Loud pipes | Nitto Terra Grapplers | Billet Grille | Caddy Handles | Dark Tint | Diablosport Custom Tune. All protected by my anti-theft system called...Glock20 10mm!!
Torque_Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Staging Lane

Have someone check your ignition switch! The one in the column. I had the same problem to where I would drive down the road and all of the sudden the gauges would all go to zero (off position) then just come back on like I had just turned the key on again. Then be fine for 2 miles and do it again!!! It started out simple, only happen once in a 25 mile drive, then when I finally found this out it was up to once every 3 miles or so the gauges would do it.

Drove me nuts till a local shop had the info on it and got it fixed for me. Like I said it ended up being the "electrical" ignition switch in the column, not the "tumbler" or "keyed" ignition. But the electronics between the keys and wire loom. I think the total job cost me $120.00 if memory serves me correct. There was an "Informational write up" on this but Chevy didn't want to make it a recall!!!

Laters
Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #7
Launching!

take it to a dealership and tell them your cluster is out. i just took my tahoe in last week they got my info (mileage..etc) and the part already has come in to replace it. 70K miles is the limit
2k4tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 AM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, chevrolet, chevy, cluster, dash, dashboard, fuse, insterment, instrument, light, lighting, lights, problems, recall, silverado, tahoe, z71