Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

01 Silverado headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 01 Silverado headers

What's up everyone! Hope y'all are having a great Sunday! I just installed a spectre cold air intake over the weekend, and now looking to get a good set of long tube headers. I'm really liking the Texas Speed 1-3/4s longtube headers or the 1-7/8s long tubes. Anyone on here have any feedback on either or? Or any recommended comparable long tube headers? Speed Engineering I hear is. Great option as well. After this most likely will get her tuned.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by S14serge
... and now looking to get a good set of long tube headers. ... After this most likely will get her tuned.
After this you most definitely will get her tuned. It must be nice to live outside of the rust belt, so you don't even think about stainless headers.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
After this you most definitely will get her tuned. It must be nice to live outside of the rust belt, so you don't even think about stainless headers.
Yeah making sure what headers to go with but pretty sold on Texas Speed. Stainless, your right didn't even cross my mind just assumed I was going with them lol!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you 2WD or 4WD? I have a used set of Dynatech SuperMaxx system. Headers, cats and y-pipe. All stainless. doesn't fit 4WD, though.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:12 PM
Launching!

I'm 2wd, how much are you asking for them? Shipping would be killer I suspect though
Old 10-30-2016, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What size motor are they going on? The 1-7/8 may be a bit in the large side for a 4.8 or 5.3 without a cam or head work. Not to mention they are sometimes tougher to fit clearance wise.

I have a set of 1-7/8 speed engineering headers and y pipe and a custom bent 3inch y-pipe back system with a Spintech that's turned down before the axle that I'm selling. If you're willing to cover shipping and may be interested in it, PM me.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Launching!

They will be going into a 5.3. OK makes sense didn't really know of anyone with experience with the 1-7/8 long tube headers. This may be the reason why. As of right now I'm doing bolt ons and a tune after so they may be a bit more than I need right now at least. Thanks for the offer though, and especially your insight on them. How do you like speed engineering and your exhaust setup as a whole BTW?
Old 10-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

They will be going into a 5.3. OK makes sense didn't really know of anyone with experience with the 1-7/8 long tube headers. This may be the reason why. As of right now I'm doing bolt ons and a tune after so they may be a bit more than I need right now at least. Thanks for the offer though, and especially your insight on them. How do you like speed engineering and your exhaust setup as a whole BTW?
I got a set from the first batch speed engineering ever put out in 1-7/8 so I hade some fitment trouble. But I was able to get all of it worked out. Had to relocate an O2 bung, clearance the passenger side from the frame and cut my steering shaft bolt down a 1/4 inch. But they were still a great value and served my needs well. They looked great and had quality welds and thick flanges. My only suggestion is to upgrade to better clamps.

I was impressed enough to buy another set. Their later designs had a better collector and have resolved all of the early fitment issues. I had my headers off to swap to solid mounts, so I decided to just replace them with the newer set, along with their new true dual exhaust system and better clamps of course. The single 3 inch had become a restriction for my cammed 6.0.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Awesome great info to know Gbrown! I'll definitely be going with the 1-3/4 longtube headers then for now. Very soon after I'll get her tuned. Thrown, what did you do for the check engine light that comes on due to the cats being deleted?
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome great info to know Gbrown! I'll definitely be going with the 1-3/4 longtube headers then for now. Very soon after I'll get her tuned. Thrown, what did you do for the check engine light that comes on due to the cats being deleted?
Your tuner will disable the rear O2s and related codes so that your CEL doesn't come on.