Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortex max motor mount issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somewhat off-topic here but one of us with experience on these transmissions needs to tell you that a 4L60/65/70-E (you have the 70) absolutely will not hold up if it's shifting hard enough to bark the tires, let alone break motor mounts. There are so many flimsy parts in these things that can not handle the enormous stresses that hard shifts put on these parts. ANY trans will suffer from excessively hard shifts but the 700R4-based design is particularly ill-equipped to endure abuse. I haven't seen a video of it to tell for sure if it's shifting too hard but from what I gather from your explanation you might want to be cautious.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James B.
Somewhat off-topic here but one of us with experience on these transmissions needs to tell you that a 4L60/65/70-E (you have the 70) absolutely will not hold up if it's shifting hard enough to bark the tires, let alone break motor mounts. There are so many flimsy parts in these things that can not handle the enormous stresses that hard shifts put on these parts. ANY trans will suffer from excessively hard shifts but the 700R4-based design is particularly ill-equipped to endure abuse. I haven't seen a video of it to tell for sure if it's shifting too hard but from what I gather from your explanation you might want to be cautious.
TELL ME ABOUT IT!! LOL
it took the Trans shop 4 times before they got it right! And lo and behold it was a problem with the Trans it had dropped the mount bolt and causing me to break motor mounts we got it fixed and looking like by the grace of God it didn't do any other damage. In my opinion the 700R4 should just stay obsolete along with its predecessors but I'm definitely in love with this 6.0