Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing evap

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing evap

hi guys
this is my first thread in this forum and I hope somebody can help me .
I have 2005 silverado and I want to remove the evap conister system completely but there is a big black hose going from the tank to the conister.
I know I should place the two small venting lines some where above the tank but really don't know what to do with the big black hose .

any body can help?

thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

May i ask why you would want to remove the EVAP system? In my opinion, out of all the Emission thingies, EVAP is the one thing you would want to keep...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
May i ask why you would want to remove the EVAP system? In my opinion, out of all the Emission thingies, EVAP is the one thing you would want to keep...
not to mention, the EVAP system has no negative effect on performance...if anything you get more bang for your buck theoretically. No fuel gets wasted...even the vapors caused by evaporation get burned through the system (I know the amount of vapors is nominal, but it's still something). Plus, by having a properly functioning evap monitor, if you happen to get any leaks in the system (anything from the gas cap to the fuel sending unit o-ring, etc.), your MIL will illuminate to let you know so you can make the necessary repairs
Old 06-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Ok here is the full story , the car came with 4.8L engine and changed it to 6.0L LQ9 with D1SC procharger . I changed the fuel pump to walbro 255 it was good when I use the car on the street but when use it off road the pump ran out of fuel spicily when the tank is not full so I solved this problem by adding a small tank that is fed by the walbro pump and there is a bosch 420 delivering the fuel from the small tank to the engine and there is a fuel regulator beside the engine with the return line back to the small tank and there is a line between the two tanks so when ever the small tank is full the fuel go back to the stock tank .
Well after that every thing was perfect except that the small black can (connected to the canister) starts to leak.

BTW I’m in middle east and our dealer is bad so if I going to change any part I have to order it from USA and it will take a lot of money and time.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the second tank above the level of the evap? Where is it connected to the main tank?

According to the diagram I think that the large line is the only line that would require venting. The evap vent line and purge line to the engine could be discarded(block off the purge port on the intake). You will have to modify your tune to prevent the setting of any related DTCs.

Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Hose Routing Diagram

(1)EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve
(2)EVAP Canister
(3)Fuel Fill Neck/Fill Cap
(4)Rollover Valve/Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor
(5)Fuel Tank
(6)EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid Valve
(7)Vent Hose/Pipe
(8)EVAP Vapor Pipe
(9)EVAP Purge Pipe
(10)EVAP Service Port
Attached Thumbnails removing evap-evap.jpg  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd leave the EVAP alone.....try moving the secondary tank to a lower level below the EVAP canister, OR, move the EVAP canister to a higher level so that fuel isn't running into it (the EVAP canister is designed to catch FUMES, not fuel)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

From the Dead. Anybody remove there EVAP crap. I understand what it does I know there are no serious negative affects. I just want it gone I plan on using the stock tank for a little. Do I cap the lines from the tank. And just run a line with a filter to let it vent? Should be simple stupid right?? Thanks
Old 12-08-2019, 02:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by silverado.408
From the Dead. Anybody remove there EVAP crap. I understand what it does I know there are no serious negative affects. I just want it gone I plan on using the stock tank for a little. Do I cap the lines from the tank. And just run a line with a filter to let it vent? Should be simple stupid right?? Thanks
Did you do it anyway?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 257 Likes on 215 Posts

Don't delete evap if you don't have to. Part of it's function is venting pressure from the tank. If you delete the system you'll have to figure out a way to vent tank pressure, and also keep it from going into a large vacuum and collapsing.

You'd be surprised what happens to a tank under vacuum

Old 12-28-2019, 05:16 PM

Default Egr delete

Originally Posted by azooooz
hi guys
this is my first thread in this forum and I hope somebody can help me .
I have 2005 silverado and I want to remove the evap conister system completely but there is a big black hose going from the tank to the conister.
I know I should place the two small venting lines some where above the tank but really don't know what to do with the big black hose .

any body can help?

thanks
dumb question but wut is ls1 edit and does pcm need to be reprogramed for egr delete on 2005 chevy Silverado lm7 5.3

Quick Reply: removing evap