Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Turbo and evap

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm running a Supervic on mine so either I had to drill and tap a new hole for a one way check valve or direct the evap to the turbo inlet; which is what I did for now. I may resort to a one way check valve threaded into the intake in the future as the current setup sometimes throws a code if I drive the truck immediately after starting saying something like "gross leak detected in the evap system" as the turbo probably draws more than the normal amount an engine under part throttle pulls. However, if I let the truck idle for a bit (which I try to do on a cold start) or drive around for the first few miles like Miss. Daisy is in the car it doesn't seem to throw that code for the rest of that journey ... I guess the purge has already completed its cycle so it doesn't open the solenoid or detect the excess draw of air.

My PCV system is a true free air setup and nothing goes to the intake. Both valve covers and valley cover go to a vented catch can. However, that seems to make it really stink up the cab when the truck is running and we're in traffic ... so again, I'm thinking of venting it into the turbo inlet ... or run a separate catch can for the valley cover with a one way check valve into the intake for part throttle/off boost driving like in the pic above.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy rain a line to a catch can and on the other fitting is just open to the atmosphere. Sound proper?

Sorry for newb stuff, it'll make more sense to me when I'm installing it