Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

TSP vs BTR

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by danny23
Well lately on the Facebook page all i read from a few guys and like other 5 on different pages saying dont buy or run TSP but i ask them why and no answer i have TSP on my truck not trying to star a war here on who is better but i want true info and why if ANY.
The Facebook page and this site have zero affiliation, as for the TSP deal that's the first I've heard that.

Facebook is a shitshow.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
step 1:
delete your facebook account and forget most of the retards that you have met on there. don't take advice from teenage internet racers of *** book. there are a few people to take serious on facebook, but you have to filter through 98% troll bullshit to get the credible information.

after a few years around the LS game, you will learn that cam grinders are a flavor of the week type of deal. talk to a few of them and pick the flavor you like most. I like Patrick G because he is a straight forward no BS kind of seller. others might like a cam grinder with mysterious grinds and lobes that they seller will not advertise. dumb in my book, but some buy into it.

99.9% of the time, most cookie cutter builds will do best with an off the shelf cookie cutter cam anyways. One of the best running n/a 5.3 trucks of this site ran an off the shelf TSP 220R cam. look up bluecajun5.3.

LOL the facebook page im taking about is this same forum page just on facebook i dont field is the same type of people on the facebook oage samotimes i mention the forum and is a few i dint know they have a forum im.like wtf..

Yea my set up is tsp 220,3200 stall next,ls6 intake,ported TB,LTs no cats,with x pipe and magnaflow,12 bolts 3.73 gears nice little combo trying to built a tranny with FLT.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

the performancetrucks facebook page and this forum have no connection. some of the members on the facebook page are also members on this forum. from what I saw the few times I visited the PT facebook page, the guys from here that are members on FB are there so they can go troll people and goof off.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ezdaar
I call them "Internet Parrots", all they do is repeat the same old ****, doesnt matter if the thread they read is 8 years old and the particular product has been revised 6 times and is now perfect.
Yea thats the thing they talk and takl **** and is other guys reading bad info hate the ****
Old 01-09-2017, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
the performancetrucks facebook page and this forum have no connection. some of the members on the facebook page are also members on this forum. from what I saw the few times I visited the PT facebook page, the guys from here that are members on FB are there so they can go troll people and goof off.
Good to know and im actually glad they have no connection
Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

The Face Book Hate on TSP is because TSP just bought there own cam grinding machine and rumor has it they have been trying to buy used BTR, Stock48 and LJMS cams so they can copy them and sell them as there own.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Operative word. "Rumor"

All cam grinders have tendencies, it's easy to pick out a copy. We will let the advertised grinds speak for themselves.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kbracing96
The Face Book Hate on TSP is because TSP just bought there own cam grinding machine and rumor has it they have been trying to buy used BTR, Stock48 and LJMS cams so they can copy them and sell them as there own.
Fynny because thats what a guy told me when i ask him why not TSP he told me the exact same thing you did.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would bet 99% of anyone that is shopping for a cam for their full size wouldnt know the difference between one or the other similar cams.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

A number is a number...the engine doesn't know who's name is on it. Comp and TSP make a 228 cam. The difference? .038...Cam companies can't copyright geometry...