Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts
Default TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap

Hey Guys,

Ive started collecting parts for a cam swap that I have coming up and on that list was a NNBS flex fuel intake manifold that is complete with the injectors and fuel rails. I also picked up a TBSS throttle body to go with it. My question is what other parts will I need before I tackle this intake swap? I know I need the X link for the throttle body, but what will I need for the injector connections, or for the fuel system? Is my fuel system returnless? My truck is in my sig.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Also, for those of you who have done it were there any threads that were really helpful to you?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be a write up/sticky on this...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since your truck is returnless its plug n play so to speak..

Make sure you get retuned for the new injectors if you do not have FF injectors already..
You'll need to reroute the PCV to the intake tube also..

There are a couple of threads that talk about the swap
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM

Alright guys I need soem more help. I have included a few pictures here to help identify whats what. I think the MAp sensor goes in the front plug right? Thats what is in the back of the stock intake? The sensor fits right into the hole, but it doesnt clip onto anything... am I missing something???? Whats the hole in the middle fo the intake for? Do I reuse something from my stock intake there? Sorry for the stupid questions... but I need to get this done ASAP! I have a cam in and I'm waiting to go WOT until I have the bigger injectors in there... ITS KILLING ME!

Old 10-10-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

the one in the middle is for pvc valve on driverside valve cover, map goes in the front one
Old 10-10-2011, 05:14 PM

How come I couldnt just plug the MAP sensor in there? Am I missing a clip from the intake? The sensor fit perfectly, but there was nothing for it to attach to???
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Can anyone take a close up picture of their MAP sensor in a 99-06 on a NNBS/TBSS intake? I think my intake may be missing something and I need to know what I dont have. I want to have this intake on there by the end of the week.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can tomorrow if nobody else does it.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

There is a little clip/strap that goes across the back of the map that holds it in. I didnt have this and knew i wasnt gonna be running boost so i just used some rtv to help seal it and keep it on there. The top pcv elbow that goes on the center hole wouldnt come off my stock intake for me, broke it in the process so i hope you have a way to fix that issue.
Then comes injector adapters, i got those from fiveomotorsport. And you will also need a way to adapt the evap if you are keeping that..
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM

I have the injector adapters already, so I have that covered. The PCV valve I'm a little nervous about. I hope I can get it out of the stock intake without breaking it. Maybe I should call a local dealer and just try to buy those parts. How do I get my hands on the clip that goes over the MAP sensor? I think I will be running boost eventually as well and I want to get this right the first time. It wasn't exactly a tight fit letting it sit in there. I don't think i would be too comfortable just using rtv to seal it off.

Quick Reply: TBSS/NNBS 2005 LQ9 Intake swap