Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Both mufflers are a blow through design. Most customers that are looking for a rear exit kit are trying to keep noise levels down, so without trying to compromise much hp we decided to use a little larger muffler to help quite it down as much as possible. The exhaust will still be loud at WOT, however mid throttle driving is much better than our axle dump kit.

Thanks
Sean
The following 2 users liked this post by Speed Engineering:
TFA303 (09-28-2018), tpartsman (02-22-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tpartsman
This makes no sense man, the kit I got comes with bullet style mufflers, now they are oval??? Hey Sean @ SE what is up with that anyways???
The point is, if you want to smother the engine to death then add a bunch of mufflers. Are you worried about being too loud? If you are going to something like that just buy the headers,mufflers of your choosing, and a 3" h-pipe and take it to a muffler shop and have them build the exhaust.
​​​​​​Yes I am worried it's going to be too loud....would it be stupid to add bullet mufflers infront of the bullet mufflers that already come with the kit?

I am going with this kit because of mandrel bends and price vs having an exhaust built
Old 02-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Brett,
No, it wouldn't be stupid to add another muffler. Plenty of people have added another muffler to tone it down. You could also remove the bullets and add a larger muffler in there place. I'd probably put them behind considering there really isn't much room in front.
Check this guys system out, its not a SE kit but for the idea of mufflers, you'll see
Doesn't sound choked up and he claims to have 700hp.

I tell everyone about Speeds kits, cant beatem.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I do not have a SE true dual kit, but I added bullets in front of the large case DI/SO Magnaflow on my truck. It really has a mellow, yet deep tone. And still opens up @ WOT. Being that the bullet mufflers are straight through, they do not restrict flow.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple crappy videos

Old 02-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I just think you are throwing good money after bad

Originally Posted by Brettk
​​​​​​Yes I am worried it's going to be too loud....would it be stupid to add bullet mufflers infront of the bullet mufflers that already come with the kit?

I am going with this kit because of mandrel bends and price vs having an exhaust built
How about adding in CATS? They may muffle some noise it will help add some back pressure. You can build a resonator, I have seen a thread on this forum.
Sean @ Speed Engineering you should assemble a Header and H-Pipe kit, similar to the Header and Y-pipe kit. That way customers can choose theyre own cans and pipes.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Niiiccceee

Originally Posted by Ksnell
I like it very similar notes to mine with bullets and 6.0 pre tail pipes.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tpartsman
How about adding in CATS? They may muffle some noise it will help add some back pressure. You can build a resonator, I have seen a thread on this forum.
Sean @ Speed Engineering you should assemble a Header and H-Pipe kit, similar to the Header and Y-pipe kit. That way customers can choose theyre own cans and pipes.
Price mainly...why spend so much money for two high flow cats when I can get 2 bullet mufflers for $50?
Old 02-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The two muffler thing is pretty common. We did that for years before selling our own exhaust. It's really the perfect combo if your looking to quite down your exhaust without loosing the hp of adding cats. You can figure a 10hp loss right off the top just by adding cats. It might look a little funny, but two mufflers really do a good job. Not sure if you guys wanted my input, but there it is lol.

Sean
Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I am putting in dual cats just past the X pipe, need to keep it legal for Inspection purposes. I can afford a 10HP loss with my setup.

Chad

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..