Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 07:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Truck Guys are just down right generous people!

Chad
Old 10-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sold the prototype to climb-101. Thanks guys..

Sean
Old 10-21-2016, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size is everyone using for v-bands? Looking to the rid of the crappie clamps that come with the kit.

Also has anyone verified If it clears a 4l80e swap
Old 10-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by parks450
What size is everyone using for v-bands? Looking to the rid of the crappie clamps that come with the kit.
Isn't the tubing 3"?
Old 10-21-2016, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tig
Isn't the tubing 3"?
Yes it is, but I'm not sure how it's measured id/od so I may need a 3.25"
Old 10-21-2016, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

All tubing is measured in O.D. We have our true dual exhaust on a 4L80E swap in our 2001 shop truck. It clears everything, however its close to the corner of the trans on the passenger side.

Thanks
Sean
Old 10-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my kit yesterday, everything looks great! Can't wait to get it installed and see how it sounds and performs.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening everybody, I have been working my way upossible to finish reading all posts on this threads in hopes of finding answers to a noise I hear after installing longtubes on my 2008 Cadillac Escalade Ext. The story begins with a pair of 1 7/8 ceramic coated pacesetter longtube that I had from a previous 2005 silverado ss build. I had a local shop do the installed which consisted of 2 high flow magnaflow cats, magnaflow 18inch long 3inch DI/DO muffler (internal xpipe built in) and eventually the rear number exit tail pipes. 1/2 day of quoted installation turned into a week long project after the exhaust shop called me stating that on the pacesetter headers, only the passenger side had made it in without any issues but the driver side did not clear after some banging to the primaries and shortening the 3 inch collectors. Bottom line was these headers definitely were for 06 and down and not 07 and up. So I called speedengineering and explained my situation and they quickly resolved it by sending me a set of their 1 7/8 longtubes. Ordered on Thursday and had them delivered first thing Monday morning at the exhaust shop. They fitted as stated by their sales person and Monday evening I was ready to pick up the truck, very eager to hear it run as I got all new custom piping done to it. I apologize for providing long synopsis but it was necessary to get a bytes answer from all of you experienced fellas. Truck sounds awesome and has deep roar to it but there is some exhaust leak noise (hears like it) but after seeing 2 different shops, they are unable to locate any leaks whatsoever, you mostly hear it when truck starts and is running specially when you step on the gas (sound or noise increases or becomes more noticeable). I notice it more when next to cars or when close to a wall (i.e. drive throughs). On my 2005 Silverado SS I did not hear or had any issues like the one I'm having with current truck. Please someone help me or provide me with some sort of feedback based on your experiences. Thank you very much, I appreciate your time reading my lines. God bless.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My top of the line Kooks headers make the same noise despite not having any leaks either. My whole system is welded. I'm not sure what it is, some headers just seem to make more noise than others. My last set was just like your last set as well, zero ticking so the noise from my Kooks are frustrating.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlopez3
Good evening everybody, I have been working my way upossible to finish reading all posts on this threads in hopes of finding answers to a noise I hear after installing longtubes on my 2008 Cadillac Escalade Ext. The story begins with a pair of 1 7/8 ceramic coated pacesetter longtube that I had from a previous 2005 silverado ss build. I had a local shop do the installed which consisted of 2 high flow magnaflow cats, magnaflow 18inch long 3inch DI/DO muffler (internal xpipe built in) and eventually the rear number exit tail pipes. 1/2 day of quoted installation turned into a week long project after the exhaust shop called me stating that on the pacesetter headers, only the passenger side had made it in without any issues but the driver side did not clear after some banging to the primaries and shortening the 3 inch collectors. Bottom line was these headers definitely were for 06 and down and not 07 and up. So I called speedengineering and explained my situation and they quickly resolved it by sending me a set of their 1 7/8 longtubes. Ordered on Thursday and had them delivered first thing Monday morning at the exhaust shop. They fitted as stated by their sales person and Monday evening I was ready to pick up the truck, very eager to hear it run as I got all new custom piping done to it. I apologize for providing long synopsis but it was necessary to get a bytes answer from all of you experienced fellas. Truck sounds awesome and has deep roar to it but there is some exhaust leak noise (hears like it) but after seeing 2 different shops, they are unable to locate any leaks whatsoever, you mostly hear it when truck starts and is running specially when you step on the gas (sound or noise increases or becomes more noticeable). I notice it more when next to cars or when close to a wall (i.e. drive throughs). On my 2005 Silverado SS I did not hear or had any issues like the one I'm having with current truck. Please someone help me or provide me with some sort of feedback based on your experiences. Thank you very much, I appreciate your time reading my lines. God bless.

Every car that I have have ever put headers on sounds like this. I feel like the headers cause the valve train noise to resonate differently. Noticeably louder next to a barrier or next to a car, especially with the windows down. I have had pacesetter, kooks, ebay headers, mac mids, etc. All sounded like that.
Either that, or I guess it could be leaking in the collector where all 4 pipes merge together? I know QTP's did that about 10 years ago. I have just learned to live with it.

Last edited by 2 SSlow; 10-24-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..