Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Biggest difference in tahoe and rcsb is the spring set up in the rear, the kit dumping before the rear axle shoukd be fine... Food for thought, gm used the same exhaust setup on the silverado ss and denali... Extension pipe and tailpipes are biggest difference....
Old 04-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried to install mine earlier on my 03 single cab 2wd 4L60e and no luck. I'm running stainless works longtubes and having a couple issues. First, is that the connections are the same size so takes a little finessing there. Second, the pipe is hitting the side of trans and not letting it sit in straight therefore throwing off the fitment of the driver side collector and new exhaust s piece. Didn't make it any further than this but will let you know of any new updates as they come available. Sucks because I've been waiting since I got the exhaust when it came out and now everythings not cooperating all at one time on me. Any helpful insight is appreciated.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We have never tried to fit our true dual exhaust with Stainless works headers. I am honestly not sure what is needed in order to adapt those to our system, sorry.

Thanks
Sean
Old 04-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Teching In

I just ordered this for my 03 SS with ARH 1-7/8. I'll let you know how they fit.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

They fit just fine with calspeed lt's. If your truck is lowered(6/9), they are loud as hell. My dumps are only 8" off the ground so that is the reason. Also Vibrant ultra quiet resonators do dull it in the cab, and don't really change the tone outside much.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Does NOT play well with ARH headers. But I made it work. Had to cut my ARH mid pipes to make the connection to the headers instead of using the supplied pipes that connect to the new x-pipe.

Observations. The supplied clamps pissed me off more than anything else. And while trying to really cinch them down, the threads would strip. As opened up as I could make them without the nut coming off, they would not slide in place. I had to hammer them into the flared part of the pipe. They really suck.

This exhaust is louder than I expected. I had 1-7/8" headers, no cats -> into the stock exhaust. It was decent but I wanted louder. Holy **** it's loud now. I'm considering sound matting the cab under the carpet. It's loud.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NipRing
Does NOT play well with ARH headers. But I made it work. Had to cut my ARH mid pipes to make the connection to the headers instead of using the supplied pipes that connect to the new x-pipe.

Observations. The supplied clamps pissed me off more than anything else. And while trying to really cinch them down, the threads would strip. As opened up as I could make them without the nut coming off, they would not slide in place. I had to hammer them into the flared part of the pipe. They really suck.

This exhaust is louder than I expected. I had 1-7/8" headers, no cats -> into the stock exhaust. It was decent but I wanted louder. Holy **** it's loud now. I'm considering sound matting the cab under the carpet. It's loud.
Sound clips?
What mods have you done?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Old 05-01-2016, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds good!!!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those mufflers sound better than I thought they would...

But you have a PM

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..